fourteen

* new chapter for you! getting closer to the end. please engage as much as you can throughout! enjoy! *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

I missed Declan already. He was away with West Ham for their fixture against Wolves at Molineux Stadium, and meanwhile, I was with Mason at Stamford Bridge. I sat alone in the stands where those not playing today's game against Aston Villa, or whoever was on the bench, would soon join me. Mason, myself and the rest of the Chelsea boys were all headed out after tonight's game, for a private function organised by Tammy. He was the life of the party, and, he made it very obvious that he wanted me to join the boys. It almost seemed like he'd planned it around Declan's schedule, knowing he would be away for a game, meaning I was free to spend the night with them. I was certain he knew something that he shouldn't. But I trusted Mason enough to know that he wouldn't tell him. Maybe he saw us when he shouldn't have.

The game began and ended quicker than I anticipated. The boys won, two-nil, with Tammy and Mason both on the scoresheet. I could see the delight radiating off of Mason's features, the smile on his face reminding me of why I was so infatuated by him, and why he was so special to me. Mason is the man I want to be with. Over the recent days and weeks, I'd come to realise just how much I needed him in my life, and how if I didn't tell Declan everything soon, I would face regret and remorse for hurting him this bad.

I congratulated the boys with hugs and smiles, Mason stealing a quick forehead kiss from me as he jogged down the tunnel. I could feel the joy bouncing off of the boys, and it felt good, especially because we were going out tonight. We could use the time together to celebrate. I felt awfully proud of them. So proud that my heart was ready to burst.

First round of drinks on me.

--

I stuck to that, and I bought enough shots for myself and the entire squad to do them twice, and my bank account was feeling the hit. With Mason glued to my side, I did my first shot of tequila, and lay heavy in his arms, using him to support my body. Anybody who looked at us would know there was ridiculous levels of chemistry between us.

Dressed in a cream ribbed top which exposed my collarbone, secured around my neck with the thinnest of ties, some white ribbed shorts which bore my entire thigh, and a soft cream oversized shirt, I felt ready to let my hair down. My heels wouldn't be stopping me tonight. Mason wrapped his arms around my waist as his eyes cast down my body, and he bit on his lip, well aware of the boys in our company. They knew. And there was nothing we could do about that anymore.

"You might as well just make out with me here," I scoffed, trying to be sarcastic, but Mason appeared to take it the wrong way. He raised his eyebrows as an offended look washed over his face. "I didn't mean that in a bad way, but we can't resist each other. They must be able to see it."

"So what if they can? They wouldn't tell Declan because it's not their business, and they have more loyalty to me than him," Mason didn't intend to sound like an arrogant cow when he talked about Declan like that. I understood what he meant, and it was true. Although the majority of the squad, especially those who played for England, knew Declan, they had no reason to inform him of my apparent affair with Mason. It wasn't as if we'd openly kissed before them, anyway, so they actually had no concrete evidence. "We just look too friendly, which we always have been. It doesn't help that you've got alcohol in your system. I saw you knock back two cocktails while you were getting ready."