eighteen

* hey! please accept my apologies in regard to how long it's taken me to upload a new chapter. i've had a lot of messages asking about it, and i've not been very motivated to write at all, plus life is a bit busy, so it is difficult to dedicate all of my time to my writing. this chapter is shorter than usual, but something is about to go down, so get your thinking caps on and enjoy! remember to engage as you read and vote at the end!! <3 *

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

"How are you feeling?" Mason reached over and placed his hand on my bouncing leg. I looked at my parents' house, the nerves bubbling within me even more.

We were here to tell them about Declan and I, how we were no more. That it was Mason and I now.

I feared their reaction. I knew how much they loved Mason but thinking about their response to me cheating on the man who I claimed to be the love of my life would not go down well.

"I don't know," I sighed. I couldn't bear to think how my parents would react to this, or what Daisy would think of me. "They're going to hate me. They love you, but they loved Declan too and they just won't be able to understand why I would do anything like that. They didn't raise me to be like that."

"You're not a bad person," Mason leaned over and pressed a kiss to my lips. "I was the one who initiated all of this. We'll go in together and see how things pan out. I've got you."

I nodded, and despite not having it in me to get out of the car and walk towards the front door, I knew I had no choice. As soon as this was done, I could go home and relax. Maybe my parents wouldn't want to speak to me for a while but as long as everything was out in the open, it didn't matter that much.

I stood in front of Mason when we reached the door and I pressed my finger onto the bell. The sound of it ringing was loud enough to fill my ears and it echoed throughout the hallway on the other side of the door. Someone came rushing to greet us, not expecting us today at all.

"Hey!" I was relieved to see my younger sister open the door with a wide smile on her face. So clueless and so innocent. I wanted to be like her. "Delilah! I wasn't expecting to see you today. Are you okay? Hey, Mason."

I nodded my head and smiled at her before allowing her to give me a big hug. The comfort of her arms was everything I needed right now, but knowing what I was about to tell her, and mum and dad, made me feel uneasy.

"Hey, Dais." Mason left a kiss on my younger sister's forehead, before she pointed towards the front room. I knew my parents would be in there since neither of them were working. The seconds passed and felt like hours, as nausea crept into my stomach and my throat. I didn't feel right over this. My stomach was in excruciating knots and I felt sick.

As soon as Mason and I entered the front room, my dad rose to his feet. I smiled in the direction of mum, who smiled back at me. They had absolutely no idea.

"Where's Declan?" I should've known that dad's first words when I entered would be those. Declan was literally like dad's right arm. Shit. I couldn't even bring myself to sit down. I didn't want to make myself comfortable.

"Uh," I looked at Mason. He gave me a nod of reassurance before pointing at the sofa. I sat down, unable to stand any longer because my legs felt like jelly. "Declan and I split up."

"What?" In unison, the three of them sounded just as shocked as I expected.

"I was seeing Mason behind his back," the first tear slipped from my eye and rolled down my cheek. It was shortly followed by another, a third and a fourth. "I'm so sorry. I know you didn't raise me to be like this."