chapter ¹⁶

Kids were a handful.

You were able to, luckily enough, learn that rather quickly during your most recent job.

You, Juvia and Levy had decided to pick a simple offer ; babysitting the king's granddaughter and her friends, in order to get some quick money.

But, what should have ended up being a fairly easy task, ended up actually being a catastrophe.

The place, that formerly was spotless, was now completely covered in dirt and the proper and calm kids you had been introduced to were no longer present.

-

Here you were, currently, being bullied by 7 year old children who you were supposed to be watching over.

After playing outside for awhile (hence the dirt), they decided to switch their target from the room to the three of you.

And so, you were now playing cops and robbers.

Or, at least what should have been cops and robbers.

The three of you were tied up to wooden chairs and were held hostage by the kids at water gun point.

You were still somehow afraid even though you knew the weapons only contained water.

"Remember the reward. Remember the reward," you repeated to yourself completely soaked.

Once you were released, you all played a very intense session of tag.

They were simply out of control due to knowing the layout of the place and Levy even ended up losing a kid she was chasing in the house.

Luckily, after some food bribing, you and Juvia managed to get them to behave.

Well, mostly Juvia.

You also forced them to apologize to Levy, who under the stress, started to cry.

They apologized sincerely which surprised you which made you feel a teensy bit sorry.

Juvia however didn't have an ounce of empathy and it was really amusing to watch her scold them so sternly.

She was right though.

After awhile, you all ended up getting along after you mentioned Levy's interest in books.

They all happened to like fantasy stories and you were now able to hold a conversation with them.

You shared your favorite fairy tales and read the ones that they didn't know about. Juvia joined in from time to time but she mostly cried over some of the love stories ending and you consoled her everytime.     

"When I'm older, I'm going to be a knight and I'll save my own princess!" One of them said.

You smiled and ruffled her head.

"I'm sure you will! You've just gotta train super hard!"

Another one sat on your lap, playing with a strand of your hair.

"Read us another one, big sister Y/N!"

-

You had just finished seeing off the children and was now heading back to the guild.

You walked in and saw Master sitting on his usual sit conversing with Macao.

Upon seeing you walking near they chuckled at your unkept appearance.

"Oh my! What happened?"

You sighed loudly, "Kids,"

"I'm guessing the job didn't go smoothly," said Macao pating your back.