chapter ⁷

Going back to the guild was a hassle. Questions after questions were asked as you walked through Magnolia.

But at least it was good to be home next to your peers. You were sure comments would have come your way there unfortunately.

Teasing and joking. These were things you were used to after associating with Gildarts. You opened the door and as predicted, saw grins on everyone's faces. You sweat dropped and grimaced felling your face heat up, walking towards Master.

"I'm back, Master." You said embarrassed.

He laughed slightly at you and gently patted your head.

You desperately wanted to run out of the guild while weeping in embarrassment but decided to keep calm and sit at the nearby table. You sighed looking down.

Usually appearing to you when you least needed him, you wished that Laxus could appear here now and hang out with you. But unfortunately he had a job to attend to and wouldn't be able to come back for awhile.

At least, that's what you thought.

You sighed before looking up feeling observed for some reason. When you finally looked up, you saw a pair of cold blue eyes looking at you. Juvia, to be more precised.

You stood up from you seat and walked towards her.

"You okay there Juvia ?"

She frowned at you and then smiled brightly. "Y/N, I have a proposition to ask you."

"Depends on what it's about.." You said unsure, scratching your head.

"Love. The topic is love !" She said happily.

You looked at her with a dumbfounded expression.

"Your love for Mr. Gildarts is just as big as my love for Gray-sama ! So, Juvia thought that we could combine our forces to conquer their hearts ! What do you think ?" She said ecstatically.

"Wait...I still need to process what you just told me. To be honest, I'm not too keen on participating in anything you're doing but whatever, let's hear it !"

"You. Me. We exchange bodies, confess and see what happens !" She said confidently.

"No."

She widened her mouth and started crying. "Y/N ! It'll work I promise !"

You sighed and then shook her shoulders. "What would happen if they were to accept ? What the hell will that bring to us, huh? Knowing that the person we have affection towards to likes another woman? Won't that just make us more miserable ?"

"No ! You're getting all wrong ! By doing this we'll learn more about what they like and what they think about us ! Doesn't that sound tempting enough ?"

"Honestly, it doesn't. Why didn't you just ask another member of the guild anyway ?" You questioned confused.

"You don't think I tried ?! You're the guild member who understands me the most when it comes to this... So that's why, I think you're the most fit for this."

You chuckled a bit and smiled at her. "You know we could just go as ourselves and ask them respectively, right ?"

She smiled back. "Well, where's the fun in that ? Wouldn't you rather know by yourself ?

"I suppose you're right," You exclaimed sighing.

"And here I was, a few days ago, telling Laxus that I wouldn't associate myself with you and now here we are..." You took your hand out for her to shake.

"I'm only doing this because I'd feel bad for you doing it alone, okay ? Fine. Let's do it !"

"Y/N ! T-Thank you ! " she said weeping, reaching out to you. You hugged her and smiled.

°

She ran through the streets and looked at all the shops. "So I was thinking we could ask Mirajane for help ! Or even better go to my favorite curse shop !"

You grimaced. "Curse shop. Mira wouldn't end laughing at me if we were to ask her... I wouldn't recover from the embarrassment."

She chuckled and led you towards the shop. "Don't say that ! There's nothing embarrassing about having a crush on someone !"

She strolled around the placed and looked through the vases. You were feeling uncomfortable so you just stood outside. Something about the place creeped you out.

Juvia came out of the store with a blue capsule.

"Is that it ?" You ask her.

"Yup ! Now all that's left is for us is to drink it and start this experiment!"

You both took the drink and felt light weighted. You both started laughing at the side effects you were feeling.

"It'll take a few days until changes but look ! You already smell like me !" She said proudly.

"Here's the plan when the serum's effect over, I'll go find Gildarts and you'll go find Gray to be less skeptical, okay ? Do you know by chance where he would be lounging around by the way ?" She instructed.

You placed your fingers under your chin and thought.

"I've got three places in mind. His house, a bar or wherever Cana is," You explained while she nodded.

You checked yourself in front of the glass window of the shop.

"I'll finally experience what it feels like to be you... My dream come true."

She grinned at you and hugged you. "And I'll be you ! How exciting !"

"How long are the effects supposed to last anyway ?"

"20 minutes, around that time, I think."

"That should be enough time. What do you think will be the outcome anyway ?"

She put a finger on her chin.

"Juvia hopes to get more information on him. So that, this way, I'll know what he likes or what I shouldn't do. What about you ?"

You pondered for a little. "I guess I'll just ask what he actually thinks about me."

"Mmh. Good idea ! Don't feel to stressed about it Y/N ! We're only having fun alright ?" She patted your back.

"Right." You agreed.

"Anyway, let's meet up at Fairy Hills in 5 days, okay ?"

You nodded and left on your separate ways.

You were pretty scared to do this but at the same time very excited.

Hopefully, nothing bad would happen. But knowing yourself, that probably wouldn't be the the case.

˚˚