chapter ¹⁰

The next day, at night, you exited the guild with the others to head to the bath house. You were really excited to go there.

"So, Y/N how have you been doing anyway, it's been awhile since we last spoke to each other !" asked Levy as you walked.

You two had been good friends for awhile now but rarely ever hung out together. Your time together usually invoked coffee and reading sessions.

"Pretty good I guess, nothing new.. Actually. No. My life has been really busy lately. How about you?" You replied.

She chuckled at your turn of answer.

"I've been great thanks ! Oh ! I've bought new books to show you ! Let's hang out next week, alright ?"

"Sure, sounds fun ! There's actually a book I wanted to rant about, so get ready for me to get heated !"

You both laughed hysterically. It was nice to have a friend as chill as Levy. Most of the people you surrounded yourself with were loud and not low key at all.

So whenever their extra-ness was too much for you to handle, (although you did contribute to a part of it), you hung out with Levy and roasted books together.

°

Bath houses were amazing. You forgot about that surprisingly. It had been a while since the entire guild had gotten time to relax so it felt a little bit out the ordinary.

You, along with the other girls were now enjoying bathing yourselves in the comforting warm water. Talking about news, things that you had discovered recently, etc. Just talking about whatever came to mind.

Whether it was serious or irrelevant. Just having a genuinely good time.

Somewhat the conversation shifted from food to talking about the boys who were right next to you in the men's section screaming loudly.

And eventually onto you.

"Why.. " You began whining, "Why are doing this now ? Can't we have a relaxing time without talking about my love life ?"

"How can we enjoy ourselves without teasing you at some point, Y/N ?" laughed Cana. You glared at her obviously trying to hint at her to drop it.

"And how are you okay with this Cana ? Out of all people ? We're talking about your dad here !"

"Don't get all technical with me and start that dad talk again. Should I care ? It's more fun hearing you get all flustered over someone !"

"You- !?" You sighed thinking about the sheer embarrassment you were going to face.

"We don't have to force her to talk if she doesn't want to... " chuckled Lucy. You silently thanked her for having your back.

"But... I'm kinda curious to know what's going on... Sorry Y/N !"

You looked at her helplessly before giving up. Cana following Lucy's remark grinned.

"Fine... What do you want to know ?" You sighed prepared for the worst.

No ! Actually, you should have more faith in them.

They're your friends and trusted comrades after all !

Right ? Right ?!

Levy smirked at you a bit before putting her arm around your shoulder.

"What do you want to do him ?"

You shuddered and turned your heard towards her. "Levy !?"

"Ew. No, no. I don't want to hear about that," objected Cana, disgusted.