chapter ⁸

"How do I look ?"

You snickered slightly. "Beautiful."

She spun around, looking at herself in the mirror. "I know right. We're so beautiful, aren't we ?"

The both of you took turns at complimenting each other and then laughed. It really did feel nice to let loose like this.

"So what do we do now, Miss Fullbuster ?"

She drooled a little causing you to freak out, concerned.

"W-Well, we seduce them of course ! And Y/N, please do not use Juvia's body, for any lust activities you might have at the back of your hormonal brain."

You blushed but brushed it off. "And I, you. If you come back and tell me that I have a date with Gray, I'll murder you.."

She opened the door for you. "You know, you wouldn't~."

°

You knocked at his door rapidly. You were trying your best to copy Juvia's personality but due to her presence being somewhat bold, it was a little harder than expected.

You knocked at the door again, tired of waiting for him to open it.

"Jeez.. I'm coming ! What is it- Oh... Water-chick mage ? What was it again?"

This is it. I'm about to confess. Again. But honestly, doing it as another person helps a little. Calm down Y/N... You can do this.

He opened the door widely and pulled you inside. "Come on, don't be shy. Juvia was it ? What can I do for you ?

"Juvia is in love with you. Please go out with her,"

"Straight and forward. Reminds me of someone.. Sorry. Can't go out with you ! I'm a ladies' man you know.. I don't really enjoy staying in a long term relationship. I'm really sorry."

That was to be expected...

"Well, do you have anyone in mind then ? Surely there must be another woman in your heart right now, if you're not willing to accept Juvia's declaration..." You said unsure.

He furrowed his eyebrows together and glared at you.

"There's always a woman in my heart. They come and go. Depends on my mood, really.. I can't say the same about one though. If you know you know,"

"Cana's mom..." You sweat dropped, "W-Well, how about Y/N ? You two seem fairly close.."

"Don't get it twisted, nothing's going on between us. Though I'll admit she's extremely interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a girl so desperate to get with someone. It's kind of amazing. Don't tell her that though.."

"W-What ? What do you mean by that ?" You answered quietly.

He led you to a couch nearby and sat on it.

"You're sort of new to the guild so you don't probably know.. Every time I come back, she's waiting for me. Each time's a different place. She comes up and confesses to me. And then she crosses her fingers while closing her eyes. And I say no, every time. It's been 2 years since the first one. Over the time, I've even developed a Y/N sense ! I know exactly where she's going to be. But, I can't lie. It is adorable. "

You didn't say anything. For you, it was kind of like being retold again the embarrassing moments of your life. It all felt surreal how he would talk about it. And it made you want to hear more about it.

Maybe this wasn't so bad of an idea.

"Why can't you accept my feelings though ? Aren't brave and forward girls your type ?" You asked him.

He grinned slightly. "They are actually. But what about you ? Weren't you into Gray ? We've literally met once and only had a brief conversation before, so it made me question your confession a little..."

'Shit.' You thought.

"What is it with young girls suddenly asking me out ? There's plenty of good looking guys around so why me ? But thanks. For the proclamation I mean..."

"Yeah. I feel bad for Y/N... D-Don't you ?" You said curiously.

"Of course I do. I'm not a monster after all. I feel like her age's my main problem though. She's still a kid, you know ? You too, in fact. Don't get me wrong. She's very beautiful and has an amazing personality. And her soul is just incredible. But then again young adults tend to have a strong ego. She just needs to grow up and start thing clearly about her choices," He responded calmly.

You didn't know what to say after his statement so you just looked at him with wide eyes. He was kind of right in a way.

"And I just can't just ignore the fact that always willing to help and very loving. Very mature for her age. And although we may never be together in the future, I'll still protect her like my life depends on it. No way I'm letting anyone hurt her," He said smiling a little.

Why does he keep on saying these things ? It's like he wants me to fall in love with him even more. You thought squirming around.

He stood up and walked towards you.

"Want a drink ? Oh. Right, you're underage. Forget it. But yeah, if you want to know more about my relationship with Y/N, you should ask her. I'm not really qualified to answer those questions."

"Right, I'm sorry for wasting your time," You answered him softly.

He took a sip of his drink, which you assumed was beer and sat close to you. He stroked your cheek with his hand while smiling dearly.

As you were caught up by his movements, he leaned closer, examining your face.

"You acting all apologetic and sweet kind of reminds me of her actually..."

You quickly stood up and walked near the door, blushing.

"I'll be heading now. Sorry for the trouble, again. I'll be sure to ask Y/N about this."

And although he knew you couldn't see him, Gildarts smirked from ear to ear and leaned his head on his hand.

"See you later, Juvia."

And with that you left. And then started giggling.

I always knew he was touchy-touchy with others but that was something.

Knowing that he wasn't going to let any other girl your age into his life made you kind of happy. You had broken that one rule and that was worth any rejection.

And although you still hadn't gotten far, that was still a lot right ?

Kind of. It wasn't over.

You were still going to try.

°

Meanwhile in his house, Gildarts was laughing.

"Swap potion, huh ? She's that desperate?"

He stood up and filled his cup with more alcohol. "I almost spilled everything. That was really close..."

He blushed but covered his face with his hand.

"Jesus Christ, she kills me. I'm gonna have to do something soon about that. Y/N's driving me crazy..."

˚˚