chapter ¹

"Gildarts's here !"

"He's come back again !"

"5 months, huh? That's pretty quick !"

All around the guild, people were causing some ruckus. Well it was to be expected.

After all, the most powerful wizard was coming back after only a few months.

You couldn't say that you were too excited about the news but, what could you say, you still had a little bit of hope in yourself...

Maybe this time around things would be different. Another comeback, another confession.

How many times has it been already ? 4 ? 6 ? Maybe... You kind of didn't want to count all of them.

Now that you thought about it was still pretty sad, huh ? A recently turned 24 year old girl chasing after a 34 year old man.

"Y/N, aren't you excited ? Gildarts decided to come back earlier this time ! And you know what that means... A confession !" You heard from behind you.

"Mira... I've been rejected for more than 4 times. 4 times !" You replied to her, "Besides I'm mad at him right now. I've got to clear up something the moment I'll see him. If I can't then I'll-"

"You'll what, sweet cheeks ?"

Taken aback by how quickly he got to you, you turned around sharply to look at his face adorning a grin. You advanced towards him and tried your best at attempting what seemed like a scowl.

"You- ?! You forgot to say goodbye, last time... I was just confused as to why.." You adverted your eyes and glanced at him barely.

"What ? Well, if you recall," He scratched the back of his neck, "I really didn't have time to stay, you know that."

He sighed in a gentle manner and spoke once more.

"You should have thought about the time before confessing to me again."

You looked down, your face heating faster than before. "O-Oh right ! Sorry about that by the way..."

"It's fine, Y/N. Really. Just get better at timing next time." He said grinning from ear to ear.

"Really ? Thanks for the advice..." You took a deep breath and continued, "How have you been anyway ?"

"Pretty good actually. I've been fighting a lot too. How's it going with you ?" He asked, while pulling you towards the bar seating area.

"I've been good too. I.. I missed you..." You looked down and played with your hands.

He grinned at that and placed a hand on your head, ruffling it. "I missed you too, Y/N."

You looked down and rubbed your arm, embarrassed. You used to feel really annoyed at the head ruffling since it used to be so rough. But as time went by he would do it softer. It felt really nice you couldn't lie, especially when he would let his hand linger on for a little longer than intended.

"I-I have to go now. But I'll see you later alright ? Oh, and Natsu's waiting for you." You said distancing yourself from him and heading for the door.

"Alright. Don't miss me too much 'kay ?"

You glared at him, poking your tongue out and made your exit.

"How adorable." He smiled at your flustered gaze, leaning his head on his hand.

°

And with that you left with a smile on your face.

"He called me sweet cheeks again..!" You grinned, thoroughly enjoying the special attention.

Maybe, now that he was back, you would get to spend more time with him. Maybe even, he'd let you hang out at his place, who knows ?

Just as you were about to head home to process everything that had happened, you heard a suspicious noise.

Scared of something wrong happening, you turned back and ran to see what it was.

°

"Damn, I'm so tired..." He murmured befor letting out a sigh.

Gildarts looked around and noticed something bizzare.

"Hey, Mira..? Where is everybody anyway ?" He asked confused.

Mirajane chuckled and left the bar area for a second.

"Eavesdropping you and Y/N's conversation ! Everyone ! They're done, come on out !"

As soon as she finished shouting those sentences, the whole guild came out rambling nonsense.

"Why the hell is it this entertaining ? I don't understand !" boasted Erza, stomping her foot.

"What the hell ? You guys were hiding this whole time ? Damn, you guys are noisy..." He reacted dumbfounded.

And everyone left to take on their casual routines, most of them coming to greet the guild's most strongest wizard.

A few minutes after, Master came walking in.

He looked around and smiled once he found Gildarts.

"Have you seen her yet ?"

"Yeah, I did," He coughed out looking up. "You just missed her."

"Try spending more time with her this time around. She hasn't been feeling this motivated to fight on her own these days."

Master sat near him on one of the stools.

"I think you're the only one who could make her feel good while fighting on her own again," Master suggested, closing his eyes.

Gildarts signed, assuring him. "Don't worry, I will. I've been planning it for awhile now."

"I'm scared of her feeling even more flustered around you. Don't make her fall too much, okay ?" said Makarov while chuckling jokingly.

Gildarts blushed slightly looking down. "Yeah, don't want to break her heart again..."

He closed his eyes rapidly and opened them right away. "I'll be going back soon, in two weeks or so. Is there something you need from me ?"

Master faced him and stared into his eyes as if had something in mind to say. He simply kept quiet and smiled at the other man.

"No, I don't think so. Just take care of yourself for me, alright ?"

"Always."

˚˚