chapter ¹⁴

As he walked into the train, Gildarts pondered about his whereabouts. He'd already been late and got in the transportation just in time.

He sat down in a seat nearby and looked out the window, confused.

"Damnit..." He thought, getting a map out of his bag. "Did I take the wrong way ?"

He was way too distracted, his mind in complete shambles. He kept thinking about you. He stood up, sighing and tapped a woman's shoulder.

"Sorry ma'am, am I on the Yucca route ?"

She smiled brightly, telling him that he was in fact on the right track and left him alone.

He sat back down and stared again at the view. It looked really peaceful after all.

"Excuse me sir, would you like a drink ?" A hostess told him, disturbing his thoughts.

She held a cart full of beverages and had a significant smirk adorning her face.
Gildarts told her that he'd buy a beer and watched her lean down to grab one.

She got up and opened the bottle easily. Not surprising since he was sure she had to do that a lot on the job.

"Here you go, sir your drink !" She held it up to his face watching him swiftly grab his wallet.

"Thanks. How much do I owe you ?"

"Nothing. It's on the house." She smiled furthermore and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Really ? I should still tip you..."

"Well, you could do something for me.."

She got closer to him and pulled out a piece of paper out of her skirt. The paper held multiple numbers on it.

She winked. "Keep my number. Let's.. chat sometimes."

He smiled at her but kept his answer gentleman-like. He wasn't in the mood to flirt today.

"I'll think about it, then. Thanks."

Once the hostess diverted, he once again looked out the window. He started reminiscing about the past and remembered a particular night.

°

A   y e a r  a g o

After returning to Fairy Tail after a few months out, he hung out with Natsu for the majority of the day.

He'd heard that you had been on a job with another guild member and only came back later in the evening. So to pass time he stayed with the Dragon Slayer and when it came time, headed to the guild to find you.

When he arrived he spotted you on a table sleeping soundly. He almost you'd bad to wake you up but knew that she'd be mad if you two didn't get to hang out.

He slightly shook your shoulder, alternating between that and headpat's.

"Y/N ?" He whispered softly.

You still didn't budge unfortunately. He stroke your hair, finding it quite soothing and whispered again.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty.."

He noticed your cheeks reddening and knew you had woken up. You stood up and waved at him, to which he waved back.

He stretched, standing up and walked to the door before stopping. He looked back at you, smiling and waved as to tell you to follow up.

"You comin' ?"

You had looked at him dumbfounded and then tilted her head. You would usually hang out here at the guild hall...