chapter ¹²

"Well I'm all settled..."

Gildarts had just finished packing his bag. He was currently at the guild saying goodbye to everyone. This mission wasn't exactly complicated but was extremely time consuming. However, nothing he couldn't handle.

"Alright, take care of yourself then." Master patted his back, sending him off.

He walked away and headed towards several locations to say goodbye to other people before stopping at Fairy Hills to see you. As he approached the place he saw Erza waiting there alone. You were usually with her to send him off and would drag him away for alone time afterwards.

"Hey." He waved at her looking around.

She waved back at him a small smile appearing on her face.

"Hey Gildarts."

"She.. She really isn't coming down ?"

"No. She did say to me to tell you to be careful." She looked back at one of the rooms since she knew you were watching him from there.

"Oh. Thank her for me, okay ?" He looked up to where she looking. "I'll be taking my leave, then."

He started walking away but before he continued he waved to the window of the room you had been staying in hope you'd see him.

When he got no response, he sighed gently, putting his hand down.

He continued walking away sighing on his way out. He looked back again and was going to walk back but stopped midway reminding himself of what he had to do. So, he walked forward.

And off he went.

˚

"I really am childish..." You looked at the window staring at his back as he walked away from Fairy Hills.

You originally had wanted to come out and say goodbye but was scared of the outcome that conversation would have possibly led to.

Placing your head back on your knees, you reminded yourself of the argument you and him had gotten into three days prior his departure.

Had you done the right thing ?

Yes. No ?

You were lost on whether your judgment was correct or not.

It was too early to think about that anyway.

"You doing okay, Y/N ?" Lucy had asked you that question multiple times since that night. She really was a good friend.

"Yeah. I'm feeling better all thanks to you guys." You smiled at her and touched her shoulder to appease her. You really had felt more relaxed because of them.

"We're glad then..."

You looked back at the window and admired the view from afar. How come Magnolia was so pretty ? Seeing it in plain daylight really did make you livelier.

Now the real question was, were you going to spend another day moping around, eating junk food while watching trash TV or were you going to get some air as the other girls had requested you to do ?

You'd rather stay but decided the latter.

"I'm going on a walk, okay ?" You stood up, stretched and walked downstairs towards the door.

"That's a great idea Y/N ! Do you want me to call the others so we can join you ?" Lucy stood up alongside you.

"Nah.. I'll go solo this time. But thanks for letting stay with you. I'm really grateful." You put your shoes on at the entryway before standing up to leave. She nodded and hugged you tightly waving goodbye as you left.