chapter ¹⁷

You were speechless but eventually managed to finally speak.

"Yeah," You coughed out. "Go ahead."

He sat down, closely, next to you and allowed you to get a wisp of his warmth. And he smelled lovely. It was messing with you.

"I've been looking all over for you, you know that?"

You couldn't respond, not knowing exactly what to say. What were you supposed to even tell him?

"How have you been doing?" He leaned forward and spoke in your ear.

You breath hitched. It was unfair how you had this entire speech planned for when you'd see him face to face again and now none of it came mind.

He sighed softly. "You look beautiful Y/N."

"Thank you." You could only mutter. Yet, your eyes glossed. Hearing him say your name made your stomach burst into a thousand pieces.

He smiled brightly, happy that you had finally responded.

You smiled back, "I'm doing good."

He looked at you briefly, wondering why his leaving felt so different from the usual this time around.

"You.. didn't do your regular entrance,"

"Oh! It was meant to be a surprise, that's why,"

"Well, you succeeded!" You chuckled.

He sighed, smiling and let a few seconds pass before speaking again.

"What were you doing out here anyway?"

"I, maybe, almost lost the totem you bought me..? But don't worry it's safe and sound right in my pocket and--"

He suddenly broke out into a pit of laughs holding onto his stomach.

"I-It's okay Y/N! I know you well enough to expect this from you," he assured you brightly.

"Huh..? Thanks. It's.. really nice by the way."

He ruffled your head gently. "Oh yeah? I'm glad you like it!"

"Thank you. Really." You told him, sending him a warm smile.

He grinned in return but after a while, he grunted, churning in pain.

"As much as I'm enjoying our talk right now, you don't mind if we head at my place for a bit?" He said holding his hand onto his lower stomach.

At first confused, you then took his hand off his shirt only to find him covered in blood. The gash was small but was bleeding profusely. "What happened?" You asked him visibly panicked.

"Don't worry, I'm fine Y/N."

"You're obviously not!"

You held him up and started heading towards his home. It was still pouring outside but getting him home was your priority and lucky enough you wouldn't have to walk to long to reach it.

You were really mad. Why would he prioritize seeing you over his own health?

'Because he felt bad.'

"Look at you. You've gotten stronger!"

You hummed and held your head up high. In reality, he was pretty heavy. Heavier than you remembered. But you weren't going to show him any sign of weakness or he'd tell you that he would be fine walking on his own. Which wouldn't be true at all.

As you arrived, you could tell he hadn't asked anyone to take care of his house's state while he was gone, as usual.

When you both entered the home through the front door, you rapidly laid him down on the nearest couch. And started looking for any sort of bandages.