Three

"Ma..Manik.. Manik.. Ma..nik.." She ranted his name as she feared of darkness and also her stomachache was making it worse for her. Manik's heart came to his mouth hearing her sobs as he didn't have any idea what is happening. He calmed his nerves and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Haan jaan. I am with you. Stay there. Main aa raha hu jaldi, honey. Please.. please don't cry. Calm down and tell me what happened baby? Please say something I am getting scared." Said Manik getting all worried. He felt so angry on himself for leaving her alone. He felt helpless. He just wanted to run to her and take her in bone crushing hug to make sure that she is all safe and fine.

"Manik.. Ma..Manik.. lights.. nahin.. darkness.. mujhe darr.. lag raha hai.. aap jaldi aayen..ahaaha!" Manik panicked more hearing her painful moan. Is it only about darkness then why she shouted like she is in pain?

"Nandu..! hey! What is happening? Why you shouting like that? Tum theek ho na? Haan?" Nandini cried more hearing him while clutching her stomach.

"Manik..! Dard.. stomach.." Manik's eyes were moist by now as he got to know that she's not well. He clutched the steering wheel tight before look ing out of window. He saw traffic getting clear and started to get out of there as fast as he can.

"Nandini! Honey.. don't cut the call. Stay there. I am reaching home in five minutes. Just stay there please. Keep talking. Baby, are you hearing me?" Nandini cried shaking her head when she felt a cramp in her stomach.

"Aaah!" And the mobile fell from her hand breaking into two parts. Call ended.

"Hello? Nandu? Helloooo? Nandini!!!" He panicked hearing no sound from her side and found out that call ended. He called her again only to hear the phone is switched off.

"Damn it!" He cursed loudly while calling their family doctor.

"Hello, Dr. Sharma! Manik Malhotra speaking. It's an emergency. Reach Malhotra Mansion as soon as possible. I don't care if there's storm or earthquake. I need you there in next 10 minutes. Do you get that?" Shouted Manik before ending the call. He was anxious and scared for Nandini.

"Please be fine baby. I am coming." Muttering to himself, he speeded the car.

___________________

At Malhotra Mansion -

Nandini felt suffocating. She slowly tried to get up from her place to have water. She stumbled upon something and fell down.

"Aaahhan!" She cried in pain as her leg hitted some hard object.

She felt something unusual and she knew what is it. Sweat beads formed on her forehead. She looked around and found herself all alone. She moved back circling her arms around her knees in fear. Her hairs messy and breathing getting raged. She could feel the darkness eating her. Those heavy rains and thunders were at peak adding to her miseries. Her head started aching badly along with her stomach. She could see some blur flashes. Holding her head in her hand she whimpered in pain.

"Papa.." She sobbed like a baby. Hugging her knees she kept sitting on floor ranting the word 'papa' in one corner. All vulnerable.

_________________

Manik reached Malhotra Mansion and ran like a maniac. Taking out spare keys he opened the main door and entered inside the house shouting for Nandini.

"Nandini!! Nandini...!!" He looked around only to find darkness. He called the security and asked to look after electricity problem as fast as they can.

He rushed upstairs to their room and again called her name.

"Nandini! Honey, kahan ho tum? Dekho main agaya. Please bahar aa jao. Don't scare me please." Begged Manik looking around their room. He put hand inside his pocket to take out his mobile for torch when suddenly lights came. He sighed in relief but his relief was short lived as his eyes stuck near the corner of bed.