Nine

It's been five days since Nandini opened up to Manik. She felt better and light after talking with him, letting her all emotions out infront of the love of her life. Her husband. Manik didn't judge her infact he gave her the assurance and the much needed comfort. He gave her that warmth of protectiveness which no one could ever. He never made her feel herself dirty in the time of her periods infact, he pampered her like a kid and slept taking her in his tight embrace. Surprisingly, Nandini didn't get nightmares again in next four days. All thanks to Manik and his care, his love.

Neyonika, Raj and Cabir had returned home two days before. Nandini was happy seeing them back. No doubt, Manik was always there with her but a feeling of family, the love of family was missing. She missed Neyonika dearly. In these month she bonded with her so well. She found her lost mother in Neyonika. Never ever she felt that Neyonika is her mother in law. Infact, she pampered Nandini more than her own children. Also, Raj never let her feel the void of Ritesh. Nandini always saw her own father in him. And Cabir! Well, he was much more naughtier than her imagination. He used to make her laugh on his silly antics and jokes. Always fighting with Manik over her. No doubt, she found her brother in him. Once he asked her to call him Cabir not bhai but she denied politely saying he is elder to her and she is glad to have him as a big brother only. Due to Cabir, the hidden immature child was started peeking out slowly.

Manik was beyond happy seeing her getting all comfortable with his family so easily. He was surprised when Nandini hugged Neyonika tightly and cried after they returned from wedding. She was complaining her how much she missed her like a kid. He then remembered her meet with her own mother in mall. She never seemed this much happy that day. She didn't cry complaining she missed her mother. And he knew the reason. The day his family returned her face was shining like a star. Her eyes and actions were expressing her happiness. Because they gave her everything she was craving for. Especially Neyonika. Love, affection, care, protection, attention. She felt being loved. It was all overwhelming for her.

A day before only Ritesh and Ishani came to her home with an invitation of Farewell Party. Everyone had good time together. Though their was a thick air between Manik and Ishani, Nandini managed to handle Manik somehow. The great Manik Malhotra was definitely a hard nut to crack! But for the sake of Nandini, he controlled himself and stayed silent most of the times. Ritesh observed his behavior too. He wasn't leaving Nandini alone anywhere around her mother. He just couldn't take chance Nandini being hurt again by her any words. She had enough of it.

Now today is the day of farewell party. Everyone was getting ready to leave. Neyonika, Raj and Cabir were going together in Cabir's car while Manan will be in Manik's car. Manik freshened up and came out of washroom only to see Nandini taking out a saree to wear. He shook his head smiling and wrapped his hands around her waist from back taking her in back hug. Nandini gasped.

"Manik! What are you doing? Leave me, I need to get ready or else we will be late." Said Nandini wriggling a bit. But Manik tightened his grip.

"Umm hmm. Not so easy. First give me something then I will think." Said Manik nuzzling in her hairs. Nandini shivered a bit and blushed.

"Manik, please na.."

"Yes please Nandini. Give me my desired thing then I will leave you. Hmm?" Nandini didn't say anything while Manik turned her towards himself swiftly. She blinked her eyes at him. He removed hairs from her face gently.

"So, are you ready?" Nandini looked down getting all red.

"For what?" She mewed. Manik raised her face holding her chin.

"To give me whatever I want.." he said huskily. Nandini's hold on his nape tightened.

"What..what do you want?" She asked. Manik leaned towards her face and whispered.