Thirteen

Hello Guys!

Here's your long update. I hope you enjoy.

_____________

It's been a week since Nandini was in hospital. Her stay in hospital would be quite long as she had a major surgery. As per doctors, she has to stay two more weeks in the hospital. Nandini was all grumpy hearing this. She always hated hospitals and the medicine smell around its rooms. She tried to convince Manik in every possible way to take her home but no use. He was being all protective and strict in case of her health which was quite obvious. Even her in laws and father also shook hands with him in this matter. They all were hell concerned for her.

In this whole week Ishani never came to hospital. She always used to lock herself in her room. Nandini also never asked about her. No one said a word about previous incident infront of Nandini as stress wasn't good for her health. Ritesh never talked with Ishani since that day neither she tried to converse with him. Maid used to prepare their food and they used to have it separately whenever they want to have. Ritesh was observing Ishani. She looked pale and lost. Dark circles were there under her eyes. Whenever he thought to talk with her he would remember Nandini, her outburst, her terrible state and he would back off. This was their routine of whole week.

One day, at evening -

Ritesh was sitting beside Nandini along with Manik and they were having great time together. Suddenly Nandini looked at clock and then at Ritesh.

"Papa, don't you wanna go home? It's almost dinner time?" She asked. Ritesh's expression changed. He gave her small smile.

"Yeah. I was about to go only. Chalo, Manik, I will take your leave now. Both of you, take care. Bye princess, Love you." Saying this he kissed her forehead and was about to leave when Nandini held his hand. Ritesh turned and looked at her who was already looking at him with serious expressions.

"Don't do this, papa." Said Nandini. Manik looked at her while Ritesh gave her confused look.

"What are you talking about, princess?" Asked Ritesh. Nandini sighed.

"Don't behave like this with maa. Don't leave her alone like this. Don't punish her and yourself because of me. You both need each other." Said Nandini. Ritesh stood there shocked while Manik looked on worriedly.

_________________

Ishani was sitting on floor taking a support of bed. She had a photo album in her hand. Opening it she caressed the photo inside it lovingly.

It was Nandini's photo when she was five months old. Ishani was giving her a bubble bath and our baby Nandu was in full mood of playing with her mumma. She was throwing foam at her while Ishani was laughing giving her bath. The moment of mother and daughter was clicked by Ritesh who had bought brand new camera just to take pictures of Nandini. Ishani smiled looking at it with moist eyes.

"My baby is looking so cute and pretty. Always smiling. Mera achha bachha. Kabhi bhi maa ko tang nei kiya. Always listened and behaved like a good baby. Always. Par Maa ne kya kiya? Maa left her baby alone when she got another one to take care of. Maa ignored you. Maa hurted you. Maa made you cry. Maa threw hurtful words at you. Maa always demeaned you. Maa taunted you, discouraged you. But my baby.. my baby beared everything quietly till now. My baby never complained, never demanded. Just listened and did everything maa asked her to. Meri Nandu.. mera betu.." said Ishani choking at her words. She went to another pic and smiled.

It was a picture of Nandini when she started crawling. Ishani was sitting on her knees opening her arms asking her to come near her and Nandini was crawling towards her raising her hand while grinning. Ishani's tears fell as she caressed the photo.