Fourteen

"Cabir, ask butler to keep everything neatly in our room. I have informed Dad that I won't be able to come office today. Arey vo vaha nahi lagana hai baba, come on, keep it near flower vase on that table. Where's mom? Oh yes, kitchen! Cabir, don't follow me like a hutch dog I dont have any haddi to give you right now as I am very busy. Oh Mom, can you please make something healthy yet delicious for Nandini? Actually, it's been a month since she didn't have anything spicy, chatpata and she craves for all that. We all know she's foody just like us. Or wait! You can make puri aloo only. It's her favorite too and it's not injurious for her health. Perfect! And Mom, please make paneer pakore. She loves it the way you make it. Also, Doctor has asked to increase paneer, cheese and all dairy products in her diet as she doesn't eat non veg. Milk has high protin and the things made by it are healthy to eat. It's necessary for her. Achha mom, I was saying can you also make some swee-" Niyonika who was hearing continuous rant of her son shook her head and put the carrot in his mouth which she was holding in her hand. Manik widened his eyes while Cabir laughed.

Since a month Nandini was in hospital but after some days she asked Manik to join office as Niyonika would be with her. Also, due to medicines she would sleep most of the times and Manik would do nothing else than staring at her or sitting beside her all alone thinking something. She knew he was disturbed due to recent happenings and he needed a distraction so she forcefully sent him office. Today she was getting discharged so Manik was in home and doing all preparations for her arrival. Ritesh was with her in the hospital so he was relieved for sometime and started taking whole house on his head saying let's do this and that. He was excited as if Nandini was coming first time in his house. The house was decorated beautifully with flowers, balloons and ribbons. He wanted everything perfect. He wanted to do anything and everything to make her happy, to make her smile.

"Mauuuu whaaaamm ummmm hmmm innnnnnn." Said Manik chewing the carrot while standing near kitchen counter. Niyonika gave him dry look.

"I don't understand alien language, Manik. English or hindi will be fine." Cabir laughed again hearing Niyonika while Manik threw a onion at him which he dodged.

"Mommm.." Manik whined after completing the bite. Niyonika smiled looking at him.

"Why are you stressing so much, Manik? I will do everything which is Nandu's favorite. I have already started preparing. Just relax. Hmm?" Manik smiled looking at Niyonika and nodded.

"I second mom, bhai. Don't get so hyper. Bhabhi is gonna love the surprise you planned. So take a chill pill. And now get ready, you have to go to bring her home. Discharge formalities are remaining too. So don't make it late." said cabir eating the cucumber while swinging his legs sitting on kitchen slab. Manik gave him narrow look and left snatching the cucumber from his hand.

"Ayeeee.. That's mine! Mommm.." Cabir whined. Manik shouted from door.

"Start dieting. Or you will remain brahmachari ( bachelor ) for lifetime. Who will marry such a hippo." Saying this Manik ran away while Cabir chased him.

"You're dead bhaiiiii.."

Niyonika chuckled shaking her head.

"One is married and another is on the way. Still behaves like a toddlers." Saying this she got busy in her work.

___________________

"Nandini, whenever you feel headache or dizzy, you won't hesitate even for a second to tell me. You get that? And most important, you're going home that doesn't give you the right to tire yourself or stress yourself. You will have to rest unless and untill-

" Untill you don't feel I am doing well and can be back to my normal routine. Right?" Said Nandini completing the incomplete sentence of Manik. He nodded like a strict teacher. Nandini rolled her eyes.