Trying to Plan

Xue Yang had to admit, he was somewhat heavily amused with this boy. He would curse Wei Ying for managing to find someone he was sufficiently amused with to keep him form murdering them later. For now, he would simply remain heavily amused. It was rather a curious thing. Once one got Nie Huaisang speaking, it would seem that little could shut him up. He was not complaining, no, of course. The other was giving him quite the information load on everyone he could possibly think of necessary to know. 

First it had been Nie Mingjue. 

Then it had been Wen Rohaun. 

Then Jiang Cheng. 

Afterwards, and for seemingly the longest as of right now, Wei WuXian and Lan Wangji. 

It would seem there was far more to the picture of those two then Xue Yang had previously thought. Though perhaps it was not all that surprising. Given what had gone down upon his capture in the first place, he should have assumed something was up between the two of them. Though he could not say that it did not surprise him. Quite greatly at that, one thinks of the reputation of the Lan Sect, and that is all that they must know to realize that this would be rather...interesting information. granted, all that Nie Huaisang was giving was gossip, rather wise on his own part. 

After all, he was still a mass murderer. Someone who should not be trusted. It was rather interesting to see that despite the fact that the boy was rambling on about anything and everything, curtesy of Xue Yang himself encouraging such things, he still ensured that all that he gave out was mere rumors. It would seem that even though the boy was rather daft, he was not completely stupid. 

Xue Yang wished that he could fish for something of more...substance, but he also knew that should he try the other would likely shut down immediately. This was most certainly not something that would do him good later on, and as such he would simply have to be satisfied with what the young heir was giving him. He could not say that it was not valuable information, even if it was only rumors. It was just...not as good as concrete information, which the other boy was clearly quite adept at managing to avoid providing to him. 

"So, allow me to interject here for a moment." Xue Yang interrupted, Nie Huaisang staring at him with wide, somewhat dejected eyes. 

Ah...was that not interesting? For all that the boy amused him, he was quite easy to read. He wondered what sort of things ran through Wei WuXian's head when contemplating sending the young Nie in here with him. Whether that had been within his calculations. More then likely. 

however, from what he could tell, it would seem that there was not many people who willingly listened to his ramblings. Xue Yang had assumed as much, but the reaction to his sentence had told him really all he needed to know. It was a rather sorry thing for the other boy. Also for anyone who was stupid enough not to realize the value which Nie Huaisang's rumors could have. He was the king of gossip after all. Furthermore, it would seem that Wei WuXian and Lan Wangji by association, were the few who tolerated such things, and bothered with actively paying attention. Given that, it would make sense the deep sense of awe and shock that the other had towards them. 

Xue Yang, he could inspire that as well. Perhaps he had already begun to do that. He knew that he would never manage to get the same amount of loyalty that the boy had towards the two who had brought him here, but he did know that he could elevate himself in the young heir's eyes by simply listening to him. It was not really all that hard to do, and people who simply wanted another to listen to what they had to say were the easiest of anyone else to manipulate, because you really just had to show you listened to them and they became so grateful to you. It was somewhat pathetic really. Though, it benefited him immensely in many ways. 

"You believe that Lan Wangji, and someone like Wei WuXian, are...together?" 

"What do you mean 'someone like Wei WuXian'?" Nie Huaisang instantly became defensive, flicking his fan out, fingers curling. Xue Yang laughed a bit, and raised his hands.

"I just mean that the two are complete opposites. I have not known them for very long, but even I can see that."  He said with a small smile. "I do suppose your theory does have merit, that I will admit." Xue Yang said, his voice turning contemplative. "I do not really know them, and I have not really seen them around each other from the beginning as you have, but I doubt Lan Wangji would interject himself on anyone's behalf." The 'especially in defense of someone like me' went unsaid, but for as bad at cultivation as Nie Huaisang may be, partially because he did not particularly care for it all that much, he was rather observant, and knew enough what Xue Yang was not saying. "Furthermore, they do seem to a bit too..." Xue Yang hesitated here. He was no really sure how to phrase this without it coming across as rude. 

"Domestic? Friendly? In love?" Nie Huaisang suggested. Xue Yang scoffed folding his arms. 

"I suppose all of the above." He muttered under his breath, something which Nie Huaisang unfortunately still heard.  The boy laughed genuinely. 

"Yeah, I really though Lan Wangji was going to murder Wei-Xiong at one point. I am glad he is still alive, of course, but it was a near thing, I am sure. The glares that Lan Wangji would give him were legendary."  He said, mirth dancing through his eyes. 

"In such a case, how exactly do you think the Lans are going to take it? After all, Wei WuXian did just excommunicate himself from his sect." Xue Yang pointed out. 

Suddenly the atmosphere turned incredibly somber as that fact finally settled itself once again in the young heir before him. 

"Oh, yeah, that."