Contemplations

Wei Ying jumped up excited at Lan Zhan's words and assurances that his brother had agreed to his actions, but at the same time he could not really help but be just a little bit nervous at the whole situation as well. If Lan Zhan's brother was waiting for them, then that would mean that Lan Zhan had managed to convince him, at least partially, to think about Wei Ying's proposal of letting Xue Yang into the Cloud Recesses, as long as they were the ones who were coming and going to help him get acclimated and such. He was still worried that something more was being put in play, after all, Wei Ying had not met many who genuinely cared for the wronged party so much that they were willing to overlook their questionable means in the recent past to see why it had happened by watching what had happened in the far past, though he supposed if any would it would be the Lan clan.  

It was not that Wei Ying doubted the Lan Clan. The GusuLan Sect was infamous for being kind and gentle to all. Wei Ying wondered exactly how Xue Yang would handle such a thing. No, definitely not him doubted Lan Zhan either. It was just a little bit more complicated then that. It was not that Wei Ying believed that Lan Zhan would lie to him, because of course Lan Zhan would not even think of something like that. After all, Lying was forbidden in the Cloud Recesses. Granted they were not IN the Cloud Recesses, but Lan Zhan was also not one who took the same loopholes that Wei Ying did when it came to rules. he liked them, as strange as that may seem. But Wei Ying guessed it would not matter. Lan Zhan would not lie to him even if he was one to take the same loopholes. Lan Zhan was too sweet and just too honest for that. 

So, it was not that he thought that Lan Zhan was lying to him, more like he doubted Lan XiChen. Not Lan XiChen's words of course, again, lying was forbidden in the Cloud Recesses, he doubted that Lan XiChen would lie so boldly, especially not to his brother. That did not mean that he could not have alternative reasons for agreeing so easily. Especially if it was as Lan Zhan stated and the other would be getting quite a bit of backlash from multiple people. Then again, he could doubt him, after all he had no idea who the man was, not really. He had spoken to him merely a handful of times, and that was mostly behind Lan Zhan, if worry and anxiousness. Wei Ying did not know anything about the other. All he knew was that he wore the very polite smile at all times. Something which was...rather confusing because it made him hard to read. The most the had seen of him was in passing and while he seemed to trust Lan Zhan quite a bit and care for him he did not truly know him well enough to say that he would not rescind his statement. What would he do then? It was not easy for someone agree to let a murderer into their sect. 

Wei Ying sighed, pushing his reservations to the side for the moment. If Lan Zhan trusted Lan XiChen to this extent, he would believe in Lan Zhan. After all, Lan Zhan, despite how much he cared for his brother, he knew that if his brother did something wrong, then Lan Zhan would recognize it and would not hesitate to do the right thing should it be necessary. It was one of the things that truly endeared Wei Ying to him, and also had him frightened at first...given his...particular skill set.

Wei Ying walked silently behind Lan Zhan, glancing and keeping a very close eye on Xue Yang as well, careful not to let him out of his sight for more then a second. They were standing just to the side, with Xue Yang before them. It was needed, of course, and the other man's hands were tied once more with Huaisang holding onto the end of the rope. It was something that otherwise Wei Ying would have reservations on but he also knew that HuaiSang needed to do something otherwise he would get annoyed and frustrated. Wei Ying had decided with Lan Zhan after much deliberation that it was not totally harmless, of course, but he was a cultivator even if he did not want to be, and therefore as long as both Lan Zhan and Wei Ying kept careful watch they saw no point in denying the youngest Nie something to do, especially since the other had followed them with near no reservations. Besides, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan were watching Xue Yang closely anyways. After all, the man was quite cunning, and Wei Ying was not one who would just allow such a person to go wandering about the Cloud Recesses alone. He would not...

Wei Ying needed to calm down, after all there was no way that Lan Zhan would not be able to read his brother, there was no...After all, they had been living together for all of their lives, they had been closer then himself and Jiang Cheng. After all. 

"Lan Zhan...Do you..." Wei Ying paused, breathing in carefully. Lan Zhan paused slightly, before continuing forwards, waiting for Wei Ying to continue his sentences. "Do you think that Lan XiChen will be given some sort of major trouble for this? Do you think he will handle it?"

"Brother is good at politics." Is all that Lan Zhan replied in regards to that. Wei Ying supposed it told a lot more then just that though. 

Wei Ying supposed that Lan Zhan was right, the other had more then enough ability. Wei Ying still felt that there may be some sort of...sort of hidden intent. Though he could not really figure out what it was. 

"Here," Lan Zhan said softly, and he and Lan Zhan followed the younger Nie and Xue Yang into the small, somewhat isolated room that Lan XiChen had allowed for the young master's capture. 

It took some time to settle Xue Yang. the other was making things unbearably complicated. Refusing to sit, refusing to move. Things such as that, though Wei Ying supposed he could understand, he did those same things when being forced into doing things that he really did not want to do. 

"Xue Yang," Wei Ying said exasperated. "You do realize that we are doing this to help you. If you had been sent anywhere else, they would have probably killed you." Xue Yang shrugged his shoulders, and Nie Huaisang rolled his eyes. 

"Master Wei, I do not think he really cares all that much." He said gently. Lan Zhan just stared at Xue Yang.

"The talismans have been put into place, Wei Ying," Lan Zhan spoke gently. Wei Ying's eyes sparkled. 

"Of course, what do you take me for?" Nie Huaisang and Xue Yang watched the two with slightly narrowed eyes, suddenly dead silent. Xue Yang suddenly smirked, leaning back comfortably. 

Well that was most interesting. It truly was. Though he had to say perhaps not exactly surprising. It would most certainly explain why he did not wear the sect clothes of the Jiangs, though it would not explain why he did not wear white....But it would explain why everyone but Lan Wangji had seemed surprised when Wei Ying had begun emitting clouds of resentful energy. The elder Jade master even seemed perfectly calm about it.

Xue Yang maybe insane, but he did find certain things amusing.