Troubles and Toils

Troubles, things which...caused a person to worry, or caused them suffering and pain. Speaking of one's troubles was never easy, it was probably the most difficult thing to do, especially when you did not wish to bother or worry the person whom you were speaking to. Lan Zhan knew that, of course. He, himself, had been victim to the same thing time and time again, and he could easily understand just how difficult it was to talk to another about the trials which one faced. Lan Zhan had trouble being capable of vocalizing himself and really just speaking what he felt or why he felt such things just in general. Let alone trying to talk to his Love about it? He found it easier to eat Wei Ying's spicy congee than speak about their feelings, it was never easy for him to even really comprehend the feelings which he did have, how was he to talk of them? Too many emotions were just simply beyond Lan Zhan's understanding, even if he did feel them personally himself. It was just lucky that he did not typically need to do so on a mass scale, as Wei Ying was always so attuned to him and he to Wei Ying. there was something else about this though, something different about the pain which Wei Ying was going through this time. Lan Zhan knew that Wei Ying was bothered that much was obvious even if he did try to hide it, and he knew that whatever was bothering him Wei Ying most certainly did not want to express, he wanted to hide it within himself and pretend as though it did not exist. It was something that Lan Zhan had begun to notice that he did more often than he did not, and it made him heartbroken to think of the amount of pain which he had been forced through to be capable of doing it so effortlessly. 

It was for this reason that Lan Zhan was decided on the matter. Though Lan Zhan was never a fan of pushing people to do something, he wanted to help Wei Ying through whatever it was that was bothering him. He wanted to aid the other and he wanted to comfort him as best as he could. He was never good with his words, and it was something that Lan Zhan, with Wei Ying's help, had been slowly beginning to fix, although some things were incredibly hard to fix, and yet others much easier. They both had their own difficulties. Lan Zhan his words, and Wei Ying his habit of hiding his sorrow. Lan Zhan often did not need words to communicate, with his brother, and now Wei Ying, it had never truly been all that necessary, and Lan Zhan often found it difficult to speak on many things. his words that he did manage coming out stilted, and often incredibly hesitant. Still, he could not allow such a fault stop him. He would figure out what was bothering Wei Ying and he would talk about it with him. He would manage to get Wei Ying to talk, even if he had to figure out how to word himself and it was difficult. He did not want Wei Ying to go through undue pain, and it was obvious that something about the Xue Yang situation was causing him exactly that. He would not stand for it. 

Lan Zhan was quite calm and collected until the evening when they rested once again. With Wei Ying as..unstable at the moment, as he was, though he would never admit, and with Nie HuaiSang, who would barely manage to raise into the sky high enough, and Xue Yang? Flying the the Cloud Recesses was simply not an option that they would be able to take. As such, it was taking much longer to reach the Cloud Recesses, but it was not a problem to any of them. Indeed, Lan Zhan preferred this. This meant that the message he had sent his Brother would reach him before they did and his brother could prepare himself and his Uncle to receive a well known criminal. Though Lan Zhan was not entirely sure how exactly it was that they would take that. His Uncle was not fond of Wei Ying in general, let alone the fact that Lan Zhan was beginning a criminal to the Cloud Recesses because Wei Ying deemed it necessary. Not that Lan ZHan disagreed, the way that the others had treated Xue Yang was not okay, and if Wei Ying thought it was possible that Xue Yang be redeemed, LanZhan would allow him to at the very least try to allow it. 

Cue Yang...Xue Yang was someone that Lan ZHan could not understand. He had never been through the suggesting of the streets, but he could gather enough to know that it was not a happy time. Many people would not survive the streets alone, let alone a child. That even Wei Ying had managed as he had was admirable and Lan Zhan knew that it was horrible to him. Wei Ying still had nightmares and the fear of the streets which he had been forced to live for years had not entirely left him. Lan Zhan knew this well. He knew, through Wei Ying, that not everyone was lucky enough to survive, and that many died because there was nobody to help, and nobody cared about the orphaned children starving on the sides of the road. 

It was heart wrenching, of course, and that was why Lan ZHan took extra care to pay attention to his surroundings even more now than he had before. He could not save everyone, try as he would desire to, but he could help ease the suffering albeit if only for a day. Wei Ying said that it was enough, and Lan Zhan believed him, after all who else would know but Wei Ying, who had lived it? Lan ZHan had never really known poverty, and he was fortunate enough to not have. 

Wei Ying believed that there was something about Xue Yang that they were missing. It was enough for Lan Zhan.