29

Jiang Cheng could not help but smirk. This would show him...This would show all of them...Wei Ying would be so humiliated, and on top of that, he would come crawling back to them. Of course, it would definitely not do much to their damaged reputation. Apparently it had somehow become quite the form of gossip, the fact that a handsome young Master had defected from the Jiang Sect. More than just the Jiang knew about it, but that may also have been because Lan XiChen had recently told the public that Wei WuXian was to be married to Lan Wangji. He had almost scoffed at the news. It was just ridiculous. The Second Jade of Lan, marrying Wei WuXian? He had almost thought it untrue until he had demanded that the Nie heir show him the wedding invitation, but that had only served to make him more irate...He had not received an invitation. As a matter of fact, it was the Jiang who knew about the wedding last!

It seemed almost unacceptable. First Wei WuXian defects in front of the Nie Heir, and some genocidal mass murderer, along with immortals from Bao Shanren's mountain, then he goes gallavanting off with the Second Jade. It was almost as though he never cared for the Jiang sect at all. He left his duties, and Jiang Cheng was still having to deal with the fallout of that. They had yet to find another person who even came close to Wei WuXian's level of ability for Head Disciple. It was frustrating to have to say that, but it was true nonetheless. His father had removed him from a majority of the duties that came with Head Disciple due to expressive complaints. It made Jiang Cheng's pride sting that he could not even manage some basic shit like a Head disciple information.

Jiang Cheng had a plan though, he had a plan. He could not tell anyone of this plan, but a plan he did have, and he fully intended to execute said plan, and manage to drag Wei WuXian back to the Jiang household in tears. Granted it was going to be a little bit complicated. He barely knew when the Wedding was, let alone where it was held. From what he had managed to glean second to third hand it was supposed to be held in the Cloud Recesses themselves, which definitely posed a bit of a problem. It was hard to get inside of the Cloud Recesses without a jade pendant, or an invitation, both of which Jiang Cheng lacked, but he would figure out a way to do so. Wei Ying had managed to sneak inside, and granted he had gotten caught but that was not the point.

He had to figure out the general area, but he knew the time that the wedding was going to take place, and he knew the area, at least the general area, that it was supposed to take place as well. He fully intended to let all know the secrets that the Lan sect were hiding. Nobody had even mentioned the fact that they were hiding some genocidal maniac. Jiang Cheng was ready to expose them. The Lan sect would be ruined once everyone came to the realization that Xue Yang was wandering about in the Cloud Recesses. He would bet that it would garner just enough negative attention that he would be able to get Wei Ying and drag him back...Although...

Jiang Cheng huffed, flopping down on his bed and sighing. This plot seemed good, but in the end there were far too many things left to luck, and Jiang Cheng wanted things to be as solid as possible considering he was desperate to get Wei Ying back. In order for that to happen, he had to go through all the possiblities, which was what was causing problems. He could not so easily get access into the Cloud Recesses. Even if he somehow did manage it, there was going to be a ton of people, a lot of witnesses, and Jiang Cheng doubted that he would be able to sneak in because, now that he thought about it, the Lan were likely to have heightened security. Whilst Wei Ying had managed to sneak into the Lan compound, he had still been caught, and that was at night, with nothing special really going on. Now? He doubted taht he would manage to obtain Wei Ying.

It was just...letting Wei Ying go? THat was really not an option that Jiang Cheng was willing to make, but it would seem that Wei Ying had already made his choice. He huffed, realization coming quite securely that no matter what he planned, the Lans were likely already aware of it, and ready for it. There was no chance to out Wei Ying prior to his wedding either, and once Lan Wangji and Wei WuXian were wed, there was no way that he would be able to get Wei Ying back.

He wanted to scream. It was not fair. Nothing was going the way that it was supposed to go, and he found it rather intensely frustrating that he was being forced into a hard place just because Wei Ying wanted to go defect. Now Wei Ying was having the time of his life, whilst his own clan slowly withered into dust.

Wei Ying was out of his reach now, and he was in Lan Wangji's arms. There was nothing to be done. Even if he did expose the fact that the Lan had hide Xue Yang, he knew that XiChen would easily manage to talk his way out of disaster. The Lan sect where known to reform lost causes successfully. He would surely use that to justify everything and Jiang Cheng already knew almost everyone would go for it.

He should have been nicer to Wei Ying, at least so that the other would stay with him rather than running away, but it was far too late for that now. Jiang Cheng suspected that the Jiang Sect probably only had another year or two before dismantling completely. It was unfortunate...yet he could find no way to save it...

Wei Ying? Wei Ying was happy, and lively, and getting to befriend Nie Huaisang, and that idiot Xue Yang, who was actually reforming some how, who knew...and now...now...he was engaged to Lan Wangji...the most prominent figure of their generation. It was unfair...but it was how it was...he could not do anything to change it and Jiang Cheng knew that no matter what he may try to say there was no way that Wei Ying would feel guilty enough to return.

This is what they got for mistreating a genius, he supposed.

Author's Note-Is the ending kind of abrupt? Sort of, yes...But I also feel like this was the best way to end it. The whole point of the story was Xue Yang going to the Lan Sect, which caused a divide between the Jiang Sect and Wei Ying, and Wei Ying leaving the Jiang sect to join the Lan sect, whilst the Jiang sect slowly withered away because of their poor actions, so I suppose, some are going to tell me that I ended the story too suddenly, but I feel like personally? This was the best way to end it.