Assurances

They were way too close to the Cloud Recesses, and Lan Zhan had still struggled with how to bring up his question to Wei Ying. it left him anxious, to know that he was going to try and push an answer from Wei Ying. He hated the realization that it would bring, but he ignored the anxiety as they settled for the night. They would not make it to the barrier before curfew, and Lan Zhan refused to break rules, even if he knew that they would not dare not let him within the Cloud Recesses, he would not put disciples through that choice. Besides, it would be easier to deal with his uncle's undoubtedly heated wrath at the realization that they had brought Xue Yang with them, and his brother's serene confusion. He had not wanted to bother them with this, but Wei Ying had a few strong points, and he knew that Wei Ying had also sort of...reacted instinctively and he would have many things to discuss with his Uncle and his brother, and he did not wish to do that so late in the evening, it would be best to discuss it in the morning, when all had woken and it was more clear of mind. 

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan muttered softly. The other looked up with soft eyes. "Why..." Lan Zhan choked. He closed his eyes, swallowed, and forced himself to struggle onwards. "Do...you..." Wei Ying waved away Lan Zhan's struggling attempt to force words to compose what his thoughts and questions were. 

"Xue yang is a lot like I was as a kid." Wei Ying said simply. "I know what it is like to be shunned and hit and hated just for living on the streets. The scorching eyes and the poorly veiled disgust and thinly hid hatred behind people's eyes. Hell, even in the Jiang Clan there were plenty like that. Madam Yu hates me greatly, and I do not believe that will ever change." Wei Ying sighed heavily, ignoring the listening ears about him and Lan Zhan. They would figure out soon enough what had happened anyways, Wei Ying would not be able to hide things forever, and he knew that. "I just feel, that he had been hurt by everyone around him and always. He has strong cultivation, and he is a Dark Cultivator, like me." Wei Ying said, dark eyes gazing up at Lan ZHan's own, willing the other to please understand. "I want to help him, and I know that I can." 

Lan Zhan mentally thought all of this through. It would make sense then, why Wei Ying was so anxious and upset as of late. He could not believe that he had forgotten that having someone so similar to Wei Ying's own circumstances would be rather difficult for the other to handle at times. Wei Ying did not like to be reminded of the past and he rarely ever deigned to speak of it because he was not fond of remembering such things which had happened. Of course Wei Ying was feeling out of sorts, he was being forced to practically relive everything. Lan Zhan should have seen this before. There was still hope, however, at least Lan Zhan had managed to catch it before Wei Ying drowned himself in the painful memories. 

"If Wei Ying thinks he can help Wei Ying will be allowed to help." Wei Ying smiled, eyes turning fond as he gazed at Lan Zhan. He sighed heavily, laying his head on the other's shoulder, not paying attention to the blatant staring of the two guests which accompanied them. 

There were times in which Wei Ying was entirely confused at the sheer goodness which Lan Zhan held. The constant strength with he held within himself. It was fascinating to see and even more so when it was turned towards him. He loved the other with every fiber of his being, and he did not believe that he would be capable of loving anything more so then he did Lan Zhan. He was too good for him sometimes. 

"You do realize that your sect elders will despise this whole intention correct?" Wei Ying knew that he would, but he did want to bring this fact up. There was no way that the elders would leave Lan Zhan alone knowing that they had brought Xue Yang to the Cloud Recesses. Especially, oh Wei Ying shuddered to deal with Lan Qiren's reaction. It was not going to be a good one, that he knew for certain. 

"Mhm," Lan Zhan said softly, nodding his head slightly. "Do not care." Wei Ying laughed at that. He could not believe such things were stated from Lan Zhan himself. He shook his head slightly at the amusement which this held. Lan Zhan was beyond anything that he had ever thought he would be, and more then anything Wei Ying could think to be given. 

The other was so...strict and so respectful, to hear him say that he did not care what his elders spoke was something that Wei Ying had most certainly not expected to have grace his ears in a lifetime, or a thousand lifetimes. It's as quite an interesting thing to hear, and Wei Ying could not help the laugh which had come with having heard such a thing.

"Does not matter what Elders think." Wei Ying did start at that, glancing up at Wei Ying from his position on the other's shoulder. 

"What do you mean?" He asked softly, eyes imploring, gazing within the depths of Lan Zhan's gaze, trying to pry the truth from his eyes alone. 

"Brother is leader. Brother's opinion matters most." Wei Ying blinked, turning this information about in his mind.

"Your brother also hold Lan Qiren's opinion highly. I do not believe that your uncle will be too pleased." 

"Do not care." Lan Zhan said simply. 'Brother will care more to do what is right then what uncle feels." Wei Ying smiled softly at the other. 

"Well, that is good to know." 

It was. Wei Ying knew that the First Master was quite...difficult to read. He found Lan Zhan so much easier to read then him, which apparently caused others to think he was a bit insane, but it was true. Lan XiChen always had this serene nature which belied nothing of what he was feeling, and this polite smile which rarely if ever wavered. 

"Good to know."