Yang's Questions

Wei Ying closed in on the fire, staring into the orange flames idly. He sighed heavily, tilting his head slightly allowing the heat to wash over him. He felt cold, something that he had not felt in a long while, and it was something that slightly concerned him, but he did not dare bring any attention to it. Lan Zhan would worry, and that was the very last thing that he wanted, Lan Zhan, worrying over him. Especially when they had other matters to really attend to. He could not afforded to have Lan Zhan distracted over something so stupid as his own recklessness. While he knew that he truly should mediate after the sudden bout of dark energy which had lifted itself from him in his anger and aggravation with the two rogue cultivators, and with Jiang Cheng, he really could not bear to do so right now. Lan Zhan would then become worried, knowing why it was that Wei Ying would need to meditate, and he really did not want to have the other worrying over him. There was other things that needed to be worried over, and Wei Ying was fine enough. He did not need to take attention away from the other things that they were needing to be worrying over at the moment. 

Chief among those was sitting in between him and Lan Zhan, watching him. More like staring at him, though Wei Ying supposed he understood why. It was not every day that someone snatched a dark cultivator and walked off with them. Wei Ying sighed heavily, turning his head, watching Xue Yang curiously. He did not say anything, just watched him. Xue Yang met his gaze fearlessly. The other was quite interesting to Xue Yang. He had not only stood up for him, he had actively taken a hit which was meant for him. It was not something that he expected, whether the other said that he was just doing the right thing, whether he stated that he understood what Xue Yang had done, and why it was that he had done it, he still did not expect such a thing, and most certainly not from someone of such a re-known sect. Though he wondered how great the Jiang Sect truly was given the fact that the cultivator seemed to have defected at this point. 

Xue Yang wondered about that. He wondered what the other would do if he was really forced to defect from the Jiang sect. He did not wear Jiang sect colors, though there may be a legitimate reason for that. He would assume that the other had already defected from the Jiang sect because of it, yet it had not sounded like it when Jiang Cheng had roared at the other so callously. What if he truly was forced to defect from the Jiang Sect because of the actions which he had taken today? Xue Yang was grateful that the other had dared to act up in such a way, but how would it really affect the other? What if he was true and well kicked out of the Jiang sect? How would he feel, and where would he go? What would he even do from there? It was not that he was particularly bothered for the other, he was just curious. After all, this was all coming because of the fact that the cultivator had helped him, and so naturally he should be worried what was going to happen because of it.

Or at least that was what Xue Yang told himself to make it easier to wonder. The truth was that he was unbearably curious about the other. He could not really help it, to be truthful. It was something that he was curious about because Xue Yang had done the worst injustice, at least many would see it that way despite his reasons, and as such, he had not truly expected to come out of this alive, and yet here he was. Currently he was sitting between a Lan cultivator, the infamous Lan Wangji, known far and wide for his cold and often scary demeanor, and rigid conformance to the rules and regulations of the GusuLan Sect, and Wei WuXian, famous all around for his charming smile and words, as well as his own shameless behavior. He could not help but wonder. What had caused the other to really interfere like that? 

Sure, Wei Ying claimed it was because he understood him, but Xue Yang could not help but think that there was something more to it. Sure, part of the reason he interfered may actually be because the other knew what it was like on the streets. Knew the pain and horror that a child would go through, and therefore did not blame Xue Yang for the action which he had taken against those who had hurt him, but he also thought that there was something else in his reasoning that the other was simply keeping quiet about. Xue Yang wanted to know what that was. The reasoning for that. Why was he hiding it in the first place lace. 

The Lan cultivator was interesting as well. The Lan clan were well known for not getting overly involved in political matters, and yet here was Lan Wangji, willfully taking him in despite the political unrest that would undoubtedly come from it, simply because Wei WuXian had wanted to take him to the Cloud Recesses. He wondered what exactly it was that these two saw each other as. They seemed to be close. They were friends, at the very least. 

Wei WuXian was not known to be one who obeyed the rules. In fact that was the very last thing that Wei WuXian was known for. Yet to be so close with one such as Lan Wangji, well known for his rigid adherence to said rules of his sect...It simply did not add up, and Xue Yang did not really like things that did not add up, things that made no sense, things that were the opposite of what they should be.