Unbecoming of a Cultivator

"Lan Zhan, I am beginning to think that maybe this was not a good idea." Wei Ying said softly. His shoulders were curling inwards with the weight of his worry. He had left Huaisang with Xue Yang as he understood, of a sort, the mindset of the psychotic killer. He would find the gentle man interesting, and even more interesting that he, Wei Ying, left him in charge. That would delay his hand, the curiosity. It would not be able to be helped, but now Wei Ying was wondering if perhaps he had been too hasty in his judgements. He knew that Huaisang had the ability to defend himself, at least minimally, but what if Wei Ying had just left him to the slaughter?

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan admonished gently, his voice as ever soft but yet holding within it the trace of scolding. Of course, Lan Zhan hated it when he doubted himself. He was trying to fix that, but Wei Ying often could not help it. After all, Lan Zhan was the one that he would go to when he doubted himself, even though he had begun to try and hide it that was not always possible. He did trust Lan Zhan's judgment above all, and therefore naturally he would go to Lan Zhan should he doubt something about...one thing or another. 

"I know," Wei Ying huffed. 

Lan Zhan knew that Wei Ying was justified in his thoughts. He would know Xue Yang better then anyone else at the current moment after all, and furthermore, his brother would not have allowed the other in the Cloud Recesses if he thought the man to be beyond aid. He new that Wei Ying tended to doubt himself, but he despised when the other did that, knowing why it was that he was constantly worrying about whether he should or should not do something, wondering if his ideas were wrong or bad. Lan Zhan would forever be angry at the Jiang clan for their treatment of Wei Ying, though he would not allow himself to dwell upon that anger. Such would be...wrong. What he could do was attempt to focus on pulling Wei Ying out of such a mindset as best that he could. Which...Well one would say that it was definitely not a simple thing for him to do. Wei Ying's mindset was unfortunately deeply ingrained in him. The best that Lan Zhan had been capable of doing so far is just getting Wei Ying to tell him if he felt that something was not right.

Lan Zhan has been trying to get Wei Ying to think better about himself. It was rather difficult to convince the boy that his ideas were acceptable. However, such things were much more difficult then Lan Zhan had thought before. When he had realized how badly it was that Jiang Cheng treated Wei Ying, and had brought him to his room for healing, Lan Zhan had known that he had a rough road ahead. With the cruelty that had been heaped upon him, the boy's mind was all tangled in various forms of self hatred. Or self sacrifice. Then again, Lan Zhan was determined. Wei Ying had come to him because he was nervous, Lan Zhan supposed he should thing on things positively. This was a good realization. If Wei Ying had not come to him because of his uncertainty, it would imply that he was not comfortable with him. Lan Zhan did not know what he would do in such a case. If Wei Ying tried to hide his worries and discomfort, then Lan Zhan would be utterly lost on how he was to help him.

Luckily, Wei Ying did seem to value his input enough not to hide such things from him, something that he was eternally grateful for. He was sure that this would not last, at least, not indefinitely. He would need to figure something out in the even that Wei Ying begin to feel uncomfortable sharing things with him, but for now, he would allow himself to revel in Wei Ying's dedication to him. The fact that Wei Ying trusted him, something that he was not entirely certain that he would ever tire of.

"Brother would not have allowed Xue Yang in the Cloud Recesses without surety that he could be handled." Lan Zhan watched Wei Ying carefully, his eyes softening, and a small smile playing at his lips. "Wei Ying knows Xue Yang well, Wei Ying should not worry over his judgment." Lan Zhan said soothingly. Wei Ying gave a small smile, his eyes thankful, and Lan Zhan inwardly sighed heavily. He was glad that he had managed to at least partially soothe the boy's doubts. 

"I know, I guess that I was just worried." Wei Ying said with a small smile and a light shrug. "I guess it just is that Nie Huaisang, while, I know he is going to interest Xue Yang, but I was just worried about how it would happen. Nie Huaisang is not exactly the most...capable cultivator." Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying, staring at him blinking absently. "I mean...I just mean that his talents lie in other places." 

"Such as?" Lan Zhan questioned.

He could not help it. He was rather curious. He had met and seen Nie Huaisang. After all, Wei Ying was friends with the boy, it was quite inevitable that he meet the other at some point. Nie Huaisang was an...interesting individual. Especially when one considered he was a Sect Heir. From what Lan Zhan was able to tell, the other did not particularly take to Cultivation very well...at the very least, he did not really try all that much. He preferred to spend time learning the latest gossip and spreading rumors. Such things were most certainly not becoming of a cultivator, let alone a sect heir. 

"Well, think about it this way, should anything happen, people gossip about it, and what is Nie Huaisang good at? Furthermore, gossip is rather powerful, even if people tend to think otherwise. As such, Nie Huaisang would be rather powerful in that area, capable of turning people towards or against something." Wei Ying explained, his eyes bright, happy to be able to talk about his friend. "Plus, he is a really good observer." 

Wei Ying was happy that Lan Zhan seemed to be willing to think that there was more to Huaisang then really meets the eye. A lot of people thought that he was an idiot, but Wei Ying knew better. Just because he did not meet the depiction that others thought that he should did not mean anything.

"Sounds interesting." Lan Zhan admitted, with a small smile, happy to see that Wei Ying had cheered up a bit.