The attack

I'm woken up by a cry that goes silent. I turn around and see Aaron cradling Grace to his bare chest. "Good morning love" he says "good morning" I reply "what time is it?" I ask "almost ten thirty" Aaron replies "Grace was very quiet all night" I say "I couldn't sleep so I stood here and watched her all night. She woke up twice but she stops crying as soon as you pick her up." He says "well that's good I suppose" I say through a tired smile. "The doctor said to take Grace back to the hospital today just to make sure everything's okay." I say "okay what time do we have to be there?" Aaron asks "at 12:30 so we better get ready" I reply "okay you go get ready and I'll get Grace ready. I'll stay here and start painting Grace's room if your okay to go to the hospital yourself" Aaron says "okay thank you" I reply.
When I come out the shower I go to the closet and pull out some blue shorts and a yellow top. In the bedroom I find Aaron putting Grace into a pink baby grow with daisies on it. "You look good Juliette" Aaron says staring at my bare legs. "It's the middle of July, it's really warm and I can fit into shorts now. This is fabulous" I say through a laugh "well we don't have anything like that for Grace do we? No she'll just have to put up with the baby grow just now. Won't she?" Aaron says to Grace in a baby like voice and he tickles her tummy. Grace giggles with delight. "I better go get changed" Aaron says "yeah okay" I say and I pick Grace off his lap and Aaron goes into the bathroom. There's a knock at the door "come in" I yell as I sit back down on the bed.
Kenji comes into the room "hey princess" he says "hey Kenji" I reply "do you need help with anything today "well I'm taking Grace to the hospital and Warner is staying her to paint Grace's room" I tell him "can I help Warner?" He asks "yeah but why?" I ask in return "I've got nothing to do today and Paula's working" he replies as Aaron comes back into the room only wearing a towel round his waist. "Is it okay if Kenji helps you today?" I ask Aaron "yeah of course. I just need to get dressed" he replies "okay well I'll be leaving in about an hour I just need to feed Grace" I say "well if both of you are gonna start undressing I'm going to go" Kenji says "I'll be back in half an hour" he says as he walks out the room. " okay see you soon" I say.
Half an hour later, after feeding Grace Kenji comes back to the room. "Hey j" he says "hi" I reply. I get up off the bed and start putting Grace into the pram. "I'm away to leave so you can go and help Aaron he's in Grace's bedroom" I say "okay. When will you be back?" Kenji asks "I don't know probably about 1:30 it shouldn't take to long" I reply "okay see you later princess and mini princess" he says and he goes into the other room. I finish strapping Grace into the pram and she falls asleep. I go to see Aaron and Kenji. One wall is nearly done "that was quick" I say "yeah I might have to go over it again though" Aaron says "okay well I'll help when we get home. Bye" I say and I walk out the room and back into my own and wheel Grace out of the door.
After coming out of the hospital I take Grace shopping to get her more clothes. It's a lot easier to shop for someone when you know they're a girl. I buy four tops, two skirts, two pairs of trousers, two dresses and six other baby grows. By the time we get home Kenji and Aaron have already finished three and a half walls. "The room looks great guys" I say staring at the yellow that now covers the room. "We'll be another half an hour minimum but then we need to get more furniture and toys" Aaron says "yeah we do. I went and got more clothes for her after the hospital" I say "how is Grace? Was there any problems at the hospital?" Arron asks "no, she's just fine" I reply "Grace is a bit tired though so I'm going to put her back In the cot for a snooze" I say "okay I'll be through soon" Aaron replies. I go into the other room to find Grace sound asleep in the pram. I gently lift her out and put her into the cot and cover her up with the blanket. I sit on the bed and untie my trainers then suddenly the siren starts blaring and Aaron rushes through the door with Kenji at his side. "THE INTRUDER ALARM" he shouts "I'll stay with Grace you see who it is" I blurt in return. Aaron and Kenji both grab two guns each from under the bed and run out the door. I hear a gun shot and a wail from the distance. Oh I hope it's not Aaron. I hear a creak from behind. I turn around to see someone in a black jumper and his face covered with a knife at the side of my bed beside the cot he lifts the knife above Grace. I feel a surge of energy flow through me and out of me, into him he drops the knife and falls to the floor in agony. I crouch down next to him. "Not my baby, you bastard" I whisper into his tear covered face. The surge of energy stops and he gets to his feet and runs to the balcony and jumps out the side and runs away. I doubt my two day old baby needs a image in her head of her mum killing someone I hear grace screaming from inside the room. I grab her out of the cot and open the closet. I close the door behind us and I hide with Grace in one of the cupboards.
About fifteen minutes later I hear Aaron's soothing voice. "Juliette are you okay? It's just me. Are you in here?" He asks. I open the closet door a crack and see only Aaron standing beside the bed. I stand up and run towards him. He envelopes me in his arms. And wipes my tear stained face. "Are you okay?" He asks "I'm fine are you okay?" I ask "only a couple of scratches. I think I'll live. Where's Grace?" He asks "in the closet" I ask and I take his hand and pull him into the closet to where Grace is lying. "I made a little nest for her out of a old jumper I found. She fell sound asleep" I say "good" he replies. Just then Grace opens her eyes and smiles at us. "I think it's time for a feeding" I say and I pick her up and carry her to the bedroom.
"Do you know who it was?" I ask Kenji who came to see us just after Grace fell back asleep. "Not exactly but I suspect the eastern rebels. They came a few days ago as well" he replies "wait, what?!" Aaron blurts. "When you and Juliette were at the hospital on Thursday morning a group of four rebels attacked us. They're all dead but one managed to pin this to the door of your room with a knife. I took it down because I didn't want to scare you and I thought nothing would come of it" he says as he hands me a small bit of folded paper and an envelope with my name on it. "You should have told us Kenji" i say "well I know that now" he replies. I unfold the small piece of paper and written in black ink are the words "WE KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND WE'RE COMING!" "What does it mean?" I ask "I'm not sure. I'm hoping the letter in the envelope will tell us more" Kenji says. Aaron just looks totally in shock. I open the envelope. It says "I disagree with what my people are trying to do so hopefully this message will help. "DON'T LEAVE YOUR BABY ALONE FOR ONE SECOND! THEY'RE COMING!"