All I've ever wanted

Five years later

I sit on the bench. Just outside our small blue house, watching Aaron, Grace and James on the swings in the garden. The sun is rising and Autumn levels gently fall off a large tree nearby, dusting the ground with gold.
After James was born we decided to move away from base. To raise our children in the way we had always wanted to be raised. A simple life without fear of rejection, hatred or harm. The blue house behind me was brown when we first moved in but Aaron wanted it painted blue. Just like his mother's house. Grace has her own small room and so does James, both completely filled to the brim with toys. Arron and I have our own bathroom filled to the brim with soaps, obviously.
This is the life we both dreamed of.
James runs over to me on his chubby toddler legs shouting "mama" repeatedly as he runs. He jumps up on the bench next to me and Arron and Grace soon follow. "Mummy. Can me and James go get some cookies from the kitchen?" Grace asks. "Of course sweetie but only one each". I reply and she and James run inside both with mischievous grins on their faces. Arron sits next to me. "How are you feeling today?" He asks as he rubs my bulging belly. "Not bad. Bit uncomfortable. I swear Aaron this is the last one. I don't think I can do this again" I say. "Whatever you say sweetheart, but you said the same thing after James" he chuckles. I glare at him. "Okay, okay sorry. This is the last one" he says. I rest my head on his shoulder. "I want to tell you something, I don't think I've ever really said it before." I say " thank you Aaron" "Thank you for what?" He asks. "For everything. When you fist met me I was shattered and although I didn't know it you put me back together. You completely unraveled my brain, you changed my entire view of the world and when I was weak and thought I couldn't go on fighting anymore you ignited a spark in me that could never be dulled as long as you were by my side and now you have freed me from every fear I ever had. You've given me a life that I thought would never be possible. You have given me, almost, three beautiful children and you have loved me for so long and so unconditionally. I would have been nothing if I didn't have you and I want to thank you for that." I spill as tears build up in my eyes. Aaron pulls me closer and places a soft kiss on my lips. "You are everything I've ever dreamed of and you are all I've ever wanted. You never have to thank me sweetheart. It has been my honour to love you, and I wouldn't change a thing." He replies and he kisses me again. We sit on the wooden bench, my head resting on his shoulder and his fingers interlocked with mine. We look forward into the hills that surround the house. The green grass glistening as the Sun bounces light off the dew. Birds fly high above, singing as the glide. It's serine, quiet and peaceful.

"MUMMY. JAMES ATE ALL THE COOKIES!" Grace yells. Arron stands. "I'll go" he sighs he gently brushes my lips with his as he leaves, leaving a smile on my face that will never fade.