Test subject 14

A sharp pain in my left wrist pulls me out of my dreams. I look down to see the metal watch I've been wearing all night has broken the skin across the back of my hand. 3:15am, we are meeting Kenji in 45 minutes. I look over at Aaron, his hair if tousled across his glistening skin, his face looks so calm and young. I often forget he is only 27, he has had to act so much older than his age for most of his life that I think he also forgets his age sometimes and he forgets that he doesn't have to pretend for his father anymore.
His alarm clock begins to beep and he quickly switches it off. He twists round to see me staring at him and smiles, "you look so beautiful in the morning, if we weren't busy and it wasn't 3:20 in he morning I could see us spending a lot longer in this bed" he says as he winks cheekily. I press a kiss to his plump lips "I would love that but we have work to do"
We quietly knock on Kenji's door and he opens it promptly. "Morning guys, if you could even call this morning" he grunts. "Sorry, but this is a little more important than your beauty sleep" Aaron says, sounding a little agitated. "We better go guys, the sun will be rising soon" I whisper. Kenji slowly closes the door and we tiptoe down the hall. We approach Adam's temporary door just as he opens it and comes to join us. I give him a week smile, all he says is "let's get this over with" and we begin walking again. We pass my parents bedroom, where Grace is sleeping for the night. I thought after everything, after all Aaron and I have fought for, our baby girl could grow up in a world free of people who would steal people from their homes, free from people who would torture children and free from people who could ever be so heartless but alas no such dream came true.
As I clamber out of the car the well known chill of the autumn morning air pricks my skin. Kenji directs us to the secret entrance that we hope has not been sealed off. We reach a small trap door covered in grass, blending in perfectly with the overgrown weeds and fallen branches. Kenji pulls the door open and reveals the darkness beneath. "This passage was known to me and castle in case anything went wrong in omega point, but nothing ever got so bad until it was blown up; so there will be cobwebs and spiders and other creepy crawlers down there so princess, I don't want you screaming and Warner I don't want you to run away" Aaron and I both give him an angry glare and he holds up his hands in defence.
The dark hall goes on for 10 maybe 15 minutes until we reach a small hatch in the wall, about the size of a vent. Kenji pulls the metal grating of the hole " ladies first" he chuckles. I climb up into the vent after Aaron, who didn't want me to be the first one caught if someone was at the other end. Adam follows after me, and Kenji after him.
I begin to see a small stretch of blue light coming from ahead and as we reach it, I can see it leads to the old cells of omega point. Aaron looks around to check for any people then, finding no guards, pops open the metal grate and swings his body out and I follow. As his eyes adjust to the low blue lighting, he suddenly turns round and looks me in the eyes. He looks worried and a little scared; a look I've not grown used to. He must have noticed this is the place where he was held captive. I gently squeeze his hand reassuringly and he releases the breath he was holding.
Kenji directs me and Adam in the right direction and we begin to tiptoe along the silent corridor. According to Kenji the old bedrooms and dining room were along this corridor and although he says they might have changed the layout, it was our best shot. Aaron and Kenji were going down to the lower levels that I didn't know existed, Kenji doesn't think they were blown up and it would be a good place to hold hostages.
After an hour and a half of looking, me and Adam begin to walk back the the entrance we came in just as the tracker button in my back pocket began to vibrate. Adam and I sprint down the hall to where Kenji and Aaron are. When I walk into the small room, all I can think about is if Rosie is okay. Kenji pokes his head out a door of the edge of the room that looks to be a laboratory and motions for us to come over. As I walk over I notice that there are a lot of bottles with the same label on them. "Test subject 14" the labels read but each bottle has a different label underneath. "DNA test" , "stem cells", "red blood cells" and many more. My heart rate speeds up as I turn the corner to see Aaron. When my eyes settle on the scene I front of me,it took all my self control to not burst into tears or scream. Aaron was sat on the floor, holding a weak child's body in his arms. I cross the floor and kneel beside him and look down into the glassy, unaware eyes that are staring back. Rosie's pale face looks drained of life, her hands are bruised and knuckles cracked. Her hair has been shaved off , her arms and legs are scarred and her mouth looks dry. Tattooed into her right forearm are the words "test subject 14". And tears dribble down my cheeks. "She's only been gone two days" I whisper. Aaron looks at me "we were lucky, the others are barely living" he says. I turn round to see maybe another 10-15 people chained to the wall all staring with glassy, wide eyes. "Who are they?" I ask. Kenji comes up behind me "people have been going missing from the towns nearby, each description of a missing person matches the people here but the last one went missing around 18 days ago. If this is them, they have been here for weeks."
Rosie shakes in the thin gown she has been put in and Aaron pulls her into his arms. "we need to get them out of here" I say " we can't, all of them are on life support, it's fed through the walls. If we move them they will die in seconds and if we leave them they are in pain. Rosie hasn't been experimented on enough to need life support, we can take her but if we try to take the others, an alarm will be set off" Aaron whispers.
I turn to look at Adam who is crying too. He is looking down at some papers. "Lucy and her family are dead" he blurts "these papers say that they were "resisting treatment",  "upsetting others", were"violent to workers". They were killed to keep the others from fighting too" Adam squeaks. Kenji places an arm round his shoulder. "Adam I'm so sorry" I croak "we should do something" Kenji says "like what?" Aaron asks. "This place has toxic gases in all the vents. We would kill every one but if we do nothing, these people, whoever they are, will keep taking people and keep killing children." Kenji suggests "we will kill all the children in the complex, Kenji and how would we even set off the gases?" I ask. "I managed to get into the computer, this complex was rebuilt only 4 years ago and only 48 people live here, 3 of them children. The gas can be set off using the computer. Princess it's up to you, can you live knowing that these people could still be kidnapping people? Or do you want to kill the 45 monsters and 3 children, which is less than they have previously killed?" He says. Aaron gives me a quick look of worry then nods his head. Adam gives me a weak willed smile and then looks back at the papers. I look at Rosie then back to Aaron "you know what to do, love" he whispers. " do it Kenji" I breathe.
Adam, Aaron, Rosie and I are walking back along the dark corridor. Kenji told us to go while he set the gas. After 30 minutes of the gas being released, bombs will go off to destroy alpha point. All the test subjects will die too but we couldn't have saved them. Kenji soon joins behind me. He gently presses his hand on my shoulder, "we have 15 minutes to get out" he whispers, breathlessly in my ear.
I set Rosie across my knee and gently pat her hair in the car. She opens her eyes and stares into mine "thank you" she whispers then she gently falls back into a gentle sleep. The engine starts up and just as we start driving away, we hear slight booms from the bombs in alpha point. Nobody says anything, we just sit and stare at each other.
We are arrive back at base at 7am and Aaron and I take Rosie to my parents while Adam and Kenji return to their bedrooms. My mum opens the door. She looks down to Aaron's arms where the little girl lays sleeping and she starts to cry. The shear look of joy and relief on my father's face when he sees Rosie is enough to make me start crying again. "I'm so proud of you" my dad says as he pulls me into his arms. " take her to Paula today just so she can be checked" I say to my mum but her only response is to pull me and Aaron into a hug as her tears subside to the huge smile on her face.
Aaron and I go back to our room alone. Mum and dad said they would keep Grace for the day so me and Aaron could go back to sleep.
In the room I slip off my tight black body suit and begin to pull on my pale pyjamas to go back to bed but Aaron comes up behind me and pulls the tshirt back off again and holds me against his bare chest "leave it off,we aren't going to sleep" he whispered into my ear. I smile as I look up at his face "I was hoping you would say that", his eyes light up and he picks me up, I swing my legs round his waist as he carries me to the bed. I slowly unbutton his jeans and slide them off his legs with his boxers, leaving kisses all down his torso as I do so. He gently slides his hand under by back and unhooks my bra and flings it across the room. He does the same to my panties once they become untangled from my legs. I suddenly become aware of the large stretch marks across my hips and belly from carrying Grace and I suddenly pull a blanket across me but Aaron pulls it off again "sweetheart, every inch of you is perfect. Always has been and always will be, don't ever forget it" he whispers as he kisses each and every one of the scars. "You've just not seen them after the pregnancy" I say as I feel the heat rising in my cheeks. "Don't be embarrassed, love, there is no need to ever be ashamed of a scar" he says as he motions to his back. "I loved you before, I love you still and you should never, ever question that" he whispers as his kisses find their way back up to my mouth. He kisses my mouth gently then harder and deeper until I lose myself completely in his grip.