The day the sun burns out

The blood in my veins begins to boil with rage and I project my anger onto the man in the black hoodie. Nothing happens. I stare at him puzzled. He roars with laughter. "Did you really think they would send someone who would be affected by your powers after last time?" He says through an evil grin as he picks up my baby. I storm over to him but he pulls out a gun and points it at me. "Put the gun down" says a voice from behind me. Aaron comes to my side. He is pointing a gun at the man. "You really don't want to pull that trigger" he says "and why wouldn't I?" Aaron asks "well obviously I'm going to shoot your baby if you try to kill me that's kind of how taking someone hostage works even if it's a baby" he says. At that moment I notice Kenji climbing over the banister of the balcony behind the man and he silently opens the door and looks at me. He presses his finger to his mouth to tell me to be quiet. "If you kill our baby there is nothing for your group to use as leverage to get what you want" Aaron says, still holding the gun "well if it's this easy to get into your room I'm sure I could take that wife of yours pretty easily" the hooded man says in return. Kenji creeps up right behind the man. "Boo" he whispers in the mans ear and he quickly turns around just at Kenji knees the man in the groin. The man points the gun at Grace but Kenji grabs her out of his hands as the hooded man sinks to the floor in pain. He points the gun at Kenji. I bend down over the man and grab his wrist "let's see if your group did enough research" I say as I squeeze his wrist and I hear all the bones crack as he drops the gun and screams in pain but he picks up the gun with the other hand and points it me. Kenji strangles him from behind as best he can with one hand but it distracts he man long enough for Aaron to pluck the gun from his boney hand and I crush the bones in his other wrist as well and his head falls to he floor as the passes out.
Kenji and Aaron locked the man in a small room with only a bed and a security camera inside. We searched his body and found two guns which are no longer with him in his pockets. We are in my room on the bed now. "What are we going to do?" I ask. Grace is sleeping in my arms. I don't think I've ever not wanted to put her down before. "This is the second time someone has tried take Grace. If Nina hadn't told me I don't think Grace would be here now" I say "we will have to put guards on around base" Kenji says "I think we should also move rooms. We should stay right in the middle of the building. Where nobody can see Grace through a window" Aaron says "yeah I think we should. At least until we sort this out." I say "I don't think we can put guards on. That makes it obvious that we are scared. We don't want to do that and also nobody in base is going to stay up and watch the building and we can't recruit from the town because we could hire a rebel" Aaron says "I suppose" Kenji says. "We better go find a different room then" I say.
We found a room with only a window in the roof. It a lot smaller than our other room but it should be more safe. It's nearer Kenji and Castle and it's right next door to Sara and Sonya. We should be much safer here for the time being. Inside the room there is a double bed, a desk, a shelf, an armchair and a small wooden wardrobe. There is a small en-suite with a shower, toilet and sink inside but that's all "Where should we put the cot?" Kenji asks as he and Aaron come through the double doors carrying Grace's bed. "Next to the bed will be fine" I say. They put the cot down on beside the left side of the bed and Kenji goes back out the door "we'll have to leave some of our clothes in the other room because this is quite small" Aaron says as he opens the minuscule wardrobe. "It's only for a few weeks hopefully. We will be back in our big room in no time" I say. Aaron comes over and kisses me on the forehead. "Are you going to put Grace down just now?" He asks "your arms must be sore love, you've been holding her for nearly two hours" he says "my arms are sore but I don't want to put her down" I say. "Okay then give her to me for a while" Aaron says and I hand Grace over to him and shake my arms. "Oh that feels good" I say. Aaron smiles at me. Kenji comes through the door carrying Grace's small, plastic bathtub with a changing mat, toys and a blanket inside "I don't know what else you need but I brought this" he says. "Thanks Kenji. Can you come back through with me and help me bring through some clothes?" I ask "yeah sure thing princess" he replies.
Aaron and I are lying on our temporary bed in our temporary room. Grace is sleeping in her cot which I moved right next to my head. A selection of our clothes are in the wardrobe and Grace's clothes and nappies are in the desk drawers. "do you think Grace will be safer here?" I ask "I hope so. I don't know what else we can do" Aaron says "we can't ever leave her alone again" I say "I know" Aaron says "we need to find these rebels" I say "we do but not tonight. Go to sleep, it's been a long day" Aaron says. "Earlier when that man said he would come and take me if Grace wasn't here, I was thinking, would you let him take me to save yourself and our friends the danger or would you try to find me?" I ask as I turn the light of and curl into Aaron's side. "The day I let someone take you is the day the sun burns out and the clouds are purple and Kenji is actually funny and it's the day I'd stop loving you" he whispers. "Thank you" I whisper into his bare chest. "What for?" He asks as he leans down and gently kisses my lips "just for everything you've ever done" I whisper into the darkness surrounding my small family.