Uncovered

The first thing I check when I wake up is Grace but Aaron has beat me to it. He is sitting at the edge of the bed rocking Grace back and forth. "What time is it?" I ask sleepily "almost ten thirty, love" he says. "How long have you been awake?" I ask. "Not long. Grace woke up a short while ago" "I better go get dressed" I say as I get out of bed. "Why?" Aaron asks "I think we should go to Adams flat to see if he is there" I say loudly as I am in he closet. "Sweetheart I'm sure he'll be fine" he says "i know but I'm still worried. I think we should check and if he's there then I'll leave him alone but if he's not we need to find him" I say as I come out of the closet in a red patterned tshirt and a pair of white jeans. I walk over to Aaron and my baby and gently pat Grace's head. "Why?" Aaron asks, still staring at the sleeping baby in his arms. "Adam does stupid things when he's upset" I say as I pick up Grace. "Oh right" he replies "I'll go get dressed then" he says as he stands and saunters off into the closet.
We arrive at Adams old flat. It looks as run down as the last time I was here. We walk through the door. We left Grace with Kenji as we didn't want her to be in danger. Aaron pulls a gun out of his pocket just as a precaution. We reach Adams front door. I gently turn the handle to find that it has been left unlocked. We walk in silently. No movement in the living room. No sound from the kitchen. No noise in the bathroom. The only place left to check is the bedroom. I turn the handle and push the door open. The smell of alcohol surrounds me instantly. I nearly gag but I see a figure lying in the bed. Adams tousled dark hair is covering part of his face but it is clearly him. There is someone lying next to him. Aaron and I move around the bed to see if we know her. She has curly blond hair with make up smeared all over her face. Strangely I recognise her. Aaron accidentally kicks a discarded bottle left on the floor and the girls head shoots up and she screams and grabs a bottle off the night stand and through it at my head but I duck just in time. "WHO ARE YOU?" She shouts and Adams head pops up he looks at me sleepily. "What's wr- Juliette what are you doing here?" The girl next to him gathers the sheets tighter around her exposed body. "We came to see if you were okay. You stormed off yesterday I wanted to make sure you were safe" I say "you could have called me" he says clearly not caring as much as the blond haired girl next to him that we interrupted their sleep. "Would you have answered if you knew it was me?" I say "probably not"he says in a chuckle. I nod toward the confused woman next to him. "Oh. Juliette and Warner meet..... Um" he says sleepily "Crystal" says the woman. "I'm still confused. Who are you?" Crystal asks. "I'm Juliette and this is my husband Aaron. We are Adam's friends." I say "why are you here?" She asks. "There was a little argument between Adam and his girlfriend yesterday and he stormed off. We wanted to make sure he was okay" I say "I see. Well I had better go" she says as she picks up a black floral dress off the floor and pulls it over her head then puts on a pair off knee high black healed boots and she gets off the bed. She picks up a black coat and bag and heads for the door. "Bye Adam" she says and smiles at him and runs out the door. "Adam what are you doing?" I ask as I sit at the foot if his bed. "I don't know I really can't remember a thing" he says rubbing his eyes "how did you know I'd be here any way?" He asks "I knew this is always where you come when you are upset even if you are bringing random women off the streets with you" I say "that's not true I went to a bar first" he says "but you ended up here" I say "please Adam come back to base with us you can't stay here alone" I plead "Juliette I'm fine I can manage by myself" he says "clearly you can't" I say "there isn't even any food for you to eat. Please come to base even for one night so I know your safe and to clear your head. You need to speak to nina again" I say. He stares at me "I never want to speak to her again" he says stubbornly "you have to even if it's just to get your stuff back and your always welcome back at base." I say "fine I'll come back with you. But you need to let me get dressed first." He says "yes of course we'll wait in the living room" i say as I stand up and me and Aaron walk out into the living room and we sit on the sofa. "You think he's okay?" Aaron asks "no. Far from it. He's been used, betrayed and going and getting drunk and going off with some random girl won't have helped him. But after being fed and having some coffee he might be a bit better" I say as Adam comes back into the room. "I'm gonna go call Kenji and tell him to feed Grace" Aaron says. "Okay" I reply. Aaron walks into the bedroom and Adam flops onto the couch "by the way Crystal isn't some random girl. I do know her. Sort of. Do you not remember her?" He asks "no not rea- wait is that Crystal Fernandez?" I ask shocked "yeah! So you do remember her" he says "Adam! She teased you for years how could you do that to yourself?!" I ask "I was really drunk I can't even remember what happened" he says "well that's excellent" I say sarcastically. Aaron comes back into the room. "Grace has been fed but half off it is down her front apparently." He says "well we better get back then. You ready to go?" I ask Adam "yeah let's burn some rubber" he says as we get off the sofa and we head for the door. Aaron stares around the room "you okay?" I ask him "yeah, let's go."