32| Ivy

Oh, goddamn
My pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand
Taking mine, but it's been promised to another
Oh, I can't
Stop you putting roots in my dreamland
My house of stone, your ivy grows
And now I'm covered in you
And I'm covered in you

Harry

Saying my life has been a complete hell over the last days is an understatement. Not even hell would be this bad, I'm sure of it.

Work has been blowing up right into my face, there were so many new contracts that needed to be revised and signed, endless meetings which could be dealt over a simple email with possible partners, it didn't help most of these possible partners were in different time zones, which meant two am meetings were a thing now.  In a way this was good, it meant the company was getting the recognition it deserved but it was too much work, especially when you're doing something you don't like.

Addison was also full of work, but the difference between us was she loved every single second of it. Every new possible contract that came in, every single email or an interested partner meant she was doing her job right. It meant her parents could be proud of her leadership, she was taking the company to a whole different level, reaching out for important partners all across the world. 

She was a successful businesswoman, there was no way to deny it, and she was doing a freaking good job at it, much better than what her parents did while they were in charge.

There had to be a big investment because we needed to increase the production levels, but it was paying off already. Addison had a business trip scheduled to the States at the end of the year, she would have to spend new years there. Initially, it was because there was one possible partner who wanted to seal the deal in person, but now there are a few other interested clients in New York. Addison is even talking is creating an office there if there are many more American clients.

It was all fun and games for her, but I was overwhelmed.

I was so bored during most of the meetings I found myself scribbling down some lyrics as I was in a virtual meeting with a possible Japanese partner writing about how good it feels to give head to someone while we were discussing different software options for them.

See? I'm losing my mind.

On top of all this, I kept playing at the pub which meant I wasn't getting enough sleep. So now I was a tired, unfulfilled, horny and grumpy man. Have I mentioned I was also exhausted?

"Finally home." Addison tosses her shoes to a corner as soon as she enters the house surprising me when she doesn't bend down to pick them up to tidily place them in their right storage place.

She must be really tired as well.

I kept looking at my phone anxiously waiting for the time I had to leave home to meet up with Olivia. We had agreed to schedule our early and improvised Christmas dinner tonight, which I have been looking forward to for a full week since I last saw Liv. I never thought I would get this excited for a Christmas dinner but then I am reminded why: first it's not going to be a normal and traditional Christmas dinner with a typical Sunday roast, probably we will have takeout food and second, Olivia will be there.

"Can we order take out? I can't be bothered to cook." Addison whines as she allows her body to sit down on the sofa, placing her sore feet on top of the coffee table.

Maybe it would have been a good idea to tell her you aren't going to be home for dinner sooner. "Oh... I'm going to the pub, I need to be there earlier tonight." I tell her facepalming myself, maybe I should have just said I was going to have dinner with Jace.