24| Like real people do

I will not ask you where you came from
I will not ask you, neither should you
Honey just put your sweet lips on my lips
We should just kiss like real people do

Harry

"I'm going to London in two weeks." I inform Addison as we have dinner together with her parents at our house. The last thing I wanted tonight was to have her parents over, but she insisted saying they celebrated 35 years of marriage tonight and she wanted to throw a dinner in their honour.

Her parents were busy talking about something between them, so I take the opportunity to inform Addison about the latest news. On the night I returned to the pub, last Friday, Xander made me an irrefutable proposition. He had posted a few videos of me playing on the pub's Facebook page and one of his friends from London was interested to have me there for a night. He would pay for my travel expenses, stay at a hotel as well as a paycheck for my concert.

His only requirement was that I didn't just sing covers, he wanted originals, songs written by me. At first, I was a little hesitant about saying yes. From what Xander told me, it was a busy pub with lots of tourists who had money to spend. But then I decided to take a shot, what's the worst thing that could happen?

Well, a lot of bad things could happen, but I don't want to think about it.

"For what?" She asks taking a small bite of the roasted carrot as her parents continue absorbed in their own conversation.

The night Xander told me about this proposition was also the same night Addison wanted to join me. She didn't understand why I went back to play there, so she wanted to come with me and see what was so special about it. As much as I didn't want her there, mostly because I knew it was not her vibe, I couldn't say no, so I let her come along.

Her verdict was, in her own words: "I don't know what's so special about it, you sang a couple of songs and what? Anyone could do it."

As if she had paid any attention to it, Addison spent the whole night glued to her phone. Her excuse was that an important businessman from the United States wanted to partner with us and she had to take it.

There's always something that's more important than me. It doesn't come as a surprise she behaves like this, her parents are the example she has of what a marriage should look like, and they are probably the most boring and plain couple.

Will we be like that in twenty years?

Nonetheless, I have been committed to being a better husband to her which has been a hell of a challenge. I only went to the pub when it was absolutely necessary, spending the rest of the time with Addison, mostly working.

"I have a proposition to play there, it's a busy pub and maybe it could give me some more recognition." I shrug. "I thought you would like to come with me, we could stay in a nice hotel and-" She places her hand over mine shaking her head.

"Darling you know how much I dislike London. Besides knowing you, I don't have any good memory from that hell of a city." She leans in to kiss my cheek. "I will have a very busy week, the last thing I want is to drive all the way to London." I nod feeling stupid for even asking.

Of course she wouldn't want to come.

"London?" Her mother says in her cockney accent. "Who's going to London?" She asks wanting to know more about it.

Pauline, her mother, is a very noisy and curious lady. She had a say in everything, either in the venue for our wedding or in the place where we build our house, even the decoration has her touch. I'm sure she even will want to name her grandchildren, it sounds like something she would do.