09| Tonight

Oh tonight,
You killed me with your smile,
So beautiful and wild,
So beautiful...

Harry

"Going out? Darling I spent the whole week working, I need a hot bath and sleep, not going out for drinks." Addison tells me a little annoyed when I ask her if she wants to out in town with me for some drinks after a stressful day at work.

I might be thirty-two but I enjoy going out sometimes, especially to a pub just to hang out with friends, listen to some music and drink a couple of beers. Well, maybe not a couple more like a lot.

It was now Friday, and I was also very tired from the last week of work, but I was more exhausted mentally, and desperately needed to find some sort of entertainment. A hot bath and bed seem alright, but that is not what I need tonight.

"We can come back as soon as you want to come home, I promise." I try to reason with her, as I watch her undress herself so she can take her well deserved bath. Addison did work a lot this week.

Well, this week and every other week before this one.

I remain laying down on bed, completely dressed as I wait for her to finally give in to my request, which unfortunately I don't think will happen.

"Harry I don't really feel like it, besides I promised my mom I would go with her to the market in the morning, I need to be up early." I roll my eyes as she mentions her mom.

As cliché as it may sound, I dislike my in-laws as much as they dislike me.

Let's just say I'm not what they envisioned for their daughter, and I can't blame them for that. Addison was always a bright smart girl, and when we got involved more than ten years ago it was a shock for them. At the time Addison was doing an internship in London and we bumped into each other while I was playing on the busy streets in Camden town.

She was truly beautiful, and I didn't rest until I took her out on a date. But we were completely different, and I never thought we could have anything serious in the future. Turns out I was completely wrong, and here we are, ten years later married.

"But you can go." My beautiful wife stands in front of me wearing only a robe before entering the bathroom, holding a book in her left hand.

"Are you sure?" I raise an eyebrow not wanting her to complain tomorrow about the fact that I went out and had a few drinks.

"Yeah, go with your friends I don't care." She shrugs. "Just try to not wake me up when you come back, and don't drink too much, please." Before entering the bathroom, Addison slowly walks towards me, pressing a short kiss on my lips.

"Have a good night darling, if you need anything call me." She nods as she finally disappears inside the bathroom. I wait until I hear the water running to stand up from our comfortable bed and change into something more comfortable. I put on a simple t-shirt with a nice design on it, making sure Addison doesn't see me wearing it.

Let's just say that wearing a shirt that says 'safe sex' in its front isn't her top choice for me. She got so mad at me when I came home with that shirt, but it's one of my favourites what can I say?

Quickly, I pick up my phone from my bed, dialling the number of my friend Jace, who is usually the only one of my friends who likes to go out at night.

After I left London to move in with Addison here in Bristol, I lost contact with most of my friends from London. And turns out making friends after you are married and have settled down is more difficult than what it seems. Most of my friends are the boyfriends or husbands of Addison close female friends.