19| Love you goodbye

It's inevitable everything that's good comes to an end
It's impossible to know if after this we can still be friends, yeah
I know you're saying you don't wanna hurt me
Well, maybe you should show a little mercy
The way you look I know you didn't come to apologize

Tw: Mild mention of sexual harassment

Olivia

Turns out working in the museum isn't as easy as I thought it was.

My shift had started two hours ago but guests only started to show up an hour ago and my feet were already killing me. I didn't have to do any tour through the art exposition in place here tonight, but I had to make sure all the guests had a glass on champagne on their hands and welcome them.

It sounds easier than what it truly is. If only the guests weren't all stuck up wealthy people who complain when the champagne is a little warmer than it should be, or how the canapes are not a flavour bomb as they wish.

As if I was the one making them.

"Olivia, I see guests without a glass on their hands." Carol warns me for the millionth time tonight when I am carrying away the empty glasses.

It would be expected an event like this would have waiters and waitresses working but I am the only waitress here. This was not what I was promised at the beginning, but I am just hoping it is a one only time and not recurring. Not that I have anything against being a waitress, I have worked countless times at restaurants and coffee houses, but this is not what I signed for. I was supposed to be learning how to be a tour guide, but this is nothing like it.

Besides, the uniform they make me use is ridiculous, it is as if I was begging for rude and inappropriate comments on my figure. The shirt they gave me has a deep, but very deep cleavage which would be alright if I wasn't wearing an extra push up bra like I always do. Now my boobs look like they are suffocating in there, begging for me to let them breathe. The skirt wasn't necessarily short, but it was very tight, making walking a little difficult.

If Harry was here at least I would walk around more confident knowing he would be looking at me, but the only men here are old enough to be my fathers. I like older men but not creepy old men.

Oh and you and Harry are no longer friends, it's good to remember.

"Coming." I place the empty glasses on the support table we have behind the scenes before I pour fresh champagne into a new set of glasses placing them on top of a tray, hoping I don't trip on my way to the wealthy stuck up people.

Tonight's exhibition is from an unknown artist whose style is abstract painting. These people are fascinated by the anonymous work and are willing to pay thousands of pounds to get one of these hanging on their living rooms.

"Olivia you need to be faster, come on." Carol demands.

If she was a sweetheart at the beginning, now she is the devil herself. I know she only wants this event to run smoothly, people need to be satisfied in order to buy paintings, but I dare her to change places with me. Besides I am forced to walk around with high heels, not that they are very high, but the shoes are not made for my feet, they are one shoe size under mine.

I just want this night to end.

The only thing keeping me on top of my feet is the paycheck I will receive at the end. I had to ask my mom for money which was not fun, so I'm hoping I will be able to earn some tips tonight.

I place full glasses of champagne on top of the tray, getting ready to face the thirsty beasts out there.

"I think that sir over there asked for more champagne." Carol stops me before I can start distributing the glasses through the very exclusive guests. "He is one of our top buyers, he needs to be happy at all times." I widen my eyes at her comment.