27| On the loose

She'll run with your mind and pull you in tight
Then trade you in for something new
I know what it's like, I fell for it twice
And now I'm just warning you

Olivia

My plan has been going on just like I wanted.

Harry has been behaving like a good boy over the last few days, probably feeling his conscience weigh down on his shoulders after our last encounter. It took me every bit of strength inside me to stop what was going on between us that night in the staff room. Just thinking that it could have ended with Harry's head between my legs makes me shiver.

He had been paying a lot of attention to me lately, either by trying to call me or by sending me endless texts messages all of which I have ignored countless times. It's not over cheesy, regretful texts that he is going to win my trust.

You need to remain strong Olivia, you are no toy.

I never thought my plan would work so well, there was a high chance of him simply deciding to end whatever was going on between us, that would have been the wise smart choice. Thankfully, he chose the difficult and way more complicated option. His insistence meant he regret the way he treated me, and more importantly, meant he wanted to work harder for me.

"Mom I already told you I can't come on the 23rd." I explain to her for the millionth time since we have been on the phone together.

Right now, I was at work which I started a couple of hours ago. I had a presentation of a project this morning with my group work and came to the store to start my shift right after. Since I worked part-time I only had three more hours ahead of me. I was now in the middle of my short fifteen-minute break which has been filled mostly with my mom calling me. I couldn't even finish the cereal bar I had brought with me.

"Your brother said he was coming on the 23rd." She keeps going as if she didn't understand I was working on that day until the shop closes. I could only go home on Christmas eve morning or make the trip at night but Caleb hates driving at night so that is not even an option for him.

"If he is then he is not counting with me." I roll my eyes.

Even when I try to be a responsible adult, I never seem to be doing the right thing for them. "It doesn't make sense coming here in two cars." She states the obvious.

Just the thought of going back home for Christmas sends a shiver down my spine. I absolutely hate being there. During the summer I had to spend a full month in my hometown where I barely left my mom's house. I don't have any friends there, so I don't really have anyone to hang out with.

I would rather stay here and spend Christmas alone like Grinch, but I think my mom would come all the way here to drag me home by an ear.

"I'm either going on the 23rd at night or in Christmas eve in the morning, I work now, you know?" I roll my eyes at her shoving the cereal bar on my mouth so I can finish it on time before I have to go back inside.

"You know I need help to cook and to pick up the cakes from the store." My mom doesn't really enjoy Christmas that much, but she always has her brothers and sisters and my grandparents over, so she needs to make it perfect.

"And you know I'm not leaving the house." I inform her.

We have this argument every time, it's tiring.

"Olivia it's time you move on, it has been nearly two years and-" I stop her from continuing.

"No." I firmly say. "I'm not leaving the house, you can't force me." I say feeling like a teenager all over again.