Chapter 11~The Voices

((Hello my lovelies~ I am very sorry that this is late. I actually wrote this yesterday in my notes, but I highlighted it all and accidentally clicked cut. Yea, stupid right? Ive kinda thought to write a chapter every Saturday. I didn't write one last week cause I was with a friend that day. Therefore, I'll probably do that. Also, I apologize that this is so short. .-. This is kind of just a fill in before the longer chapters. So bear with me here. Also also, if you like the anime Blue Exorcist, I just published some BE stories. So check them out on my account. :3 Don't forget to vote and comment! Have a wonderful day/night my lovelies!))

-First Day in Mansion-

Evelyn's POV

Make it stop! Please! The voices! Accusing! Horrific! Cruel! Gruesome!
"She's a demon!" "Sorcerer!" "Killer!" "Murderer!" "Monster! Monster! Monster! MONSTER!" Please! Someone help me! The pain is so unbearable there are no words to describe it. Everyone's hateful words pouring into my mind, making my head feel it was about to burst. I tried to scream but nothing came out. "You're a bloody killer! You'll never be anything except the monster parents tell their children about at night! You should just do the world a favor and DIE!" I ripped out a scream of pain and agony.

Charles' POV

A blood curling scream awoke me from my slumber. "Evelyn!" I gasped. Swiftly pulling off the blankets I rushed downstairs to the lab. Hank and I brought her there as we arrived to take a few tests to see if something was abnormal. However, not a trace of anything odd could be found. Bursting through the doors, I turn to see Evelyn sitting upright on the lab table. She was shaking uncontrollably, with tears pouring from her eyes, staining her navy blouse. I ran to her and embraced her, holding her close. Surprisingly, she pulled on the silk fabric of my pajamas and pulled me closer, burying her face into my chest. "Charles...the voices...please..make them stop..." Evelyn whispered between sobs. Voices? Does she mean...? Oh god please, don't tell me it's that. No one should ever have to live with that kind of pain.

Placing two fingers to my head, I discovered that my nightmare was confirmed.
Shaw gave her telepathy. She could hear the thoughts of her memories. The people she's loved, tortured, despised, and even killed. Shaw just wants to watch Evelyn suffer. I shut out the voices around us, for now. I can help her with the voices in the present, but in the past, I unfortunately cannot. "There. No more voices." I assured her. Evelyn glanced up at me with red tear stained eyes. "Charles..." She muttered staring into my eyes. Evelyn leaned closer, and unknowingly, I did as well. Our noses touched, feeling her soft, smooth skin brushing mine. Her sparkling sapphire eyes were even more magnificent this close. The feeling of her warm breath sent shivers up my spine. She's just so.....

"Evelyn!" The sound of Erik's voice made me jump back from Evelyn's embrace. He glared at me and dashed to his sister. I ignored his threat. He truly acts over-protectively childish around his sister. Erik hugged his Evelyn while she stiffened from the contact. I stepped forward. "Evelyn, you may have the room next to Erik's while you stay here. However, we'll probably have to take some tests in the morning to make sure everything's alright." I explained. She gave me a slight nod in understanding.

Erik lifted her shaking form from the cold, metal table and wrapped one of her arms on his shoulders. He then curled his arm around her small waist. I watched as they left the lab and walked into the hallway. Sighing in frustration, I ran a hand through my already disheveled chocolate locks. What am I going to tell Erik? Or even Evelyn? I can't just tell her that her memories will haunt her even more than before! And Erik will have more of a bloodlust to kill Shaw! I groaned in anger and fatigue. My mind was begging for me to return to my slumber. Might as well listen to it.