Epilouge

Okay, now this is the last chapter, even though its kinda really short. I want to start by thanking all of you who voted and commented. I really do appreciate it, it makes my day to see that people really like this. You're all wonderful! I will post the first chapter of the next book as soon as I can. It will be titled To Mend a Broken Man, so check up on my account every once in a while for it. Thanks again, I hope you enjoy my lovelies!

Charles' POV

I can't believe only four weeks ago, we fought on that beach in Cuba. It seems just like yesterday. There's barely anyone at the house now, just me and Hank most of the time. Sometimes Sean or Alex come by to say hello, but it's getting less frequent. Today Moira decided to visit, so we took a stroll around the garden.

"So, how many students do you think you'll have here once you get the academy up and running?" She asked me politely.

"As many as I can manage, possibly more." I replied, excited at the thought of running a school specially for mutants.

Moira stopped walking, and turned to face me.

"You know, one day the government is going to realize how lucky they were to have Professor X on their side."

I chuckled, once again truly realizing I'm a professor now. "I suppose I am a real professor now, aren't I? Next thing you know, I'll be going bald." Putting jokes aside for a moment, I tried to let Moira know that we're still on the same side as she is.

"We're still on the governments side, Moira. We're still G-men. Just without the "G"."

"No, you're your own team now. It's better. You're X-men."
I chuckled again, thinking about how catchy that name really was.
"Yes, I like the sound of that."
It became silent for a moment.
"Moira? For us anonymity will be the first line of defense."
Moira suddenly came closer and gripped my arm, making me slightly uncomfortable. However, I knew I had to do it by any means necessary.
"I know. They can threaten me all they want, Charles. I'll never tell them where you are. Ever." She reassured me.

"I know you won't." I then leaned forward and kiss her lightly. Quickly placing my fingers to my temple, I erased every memory since we left the CIA Headquarters.

The kiss reminded me of someone though. Someone I'm trying so hard to forget.

I wonder how's she's doing. If she'll remember me. If she'll even try to remember me. Where she is. Who she's with. How she's doing.

I sighed heavily.

I guess I'll never know what she was going to say on that beach.

Evelyn's POV

I can't believe it's been four weeks since Cuba. Since I was shot. After we left the beach, Erik took me to a hospital and I've been there since. Apparently the bullet was lodged farther in my leg than either of us had once thought. So I've been stuck in this place since then. Erik and Raven come by now and then to see how I'm doing, but its getting less frequent. The doctors have told me that I'll be out in about two weeks. Thank god. I have nothing to do all day but be stuck with my thoughts. Thinking. But all I can think about is him. How he's doing. How his new school is doing. If he misses me at all. The warm feeling I once felt in my chest had disappeared. Now all I feel is a painful, chilling cold.

"Ms. Lehnsherr?"

My mind was disrupted by my doctor strolling into the room.

"Yes?" I replied. There was something strange in his tone. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I could tell.

"Something showed up on your blood test, and I wanted to clarify with you if it could be correct."

My mind immediately went to him discovering me being a mutant. I began to panic.

"W-what is it doctor?" I accidentally stammered. But I honestly had no idea how to get out of here if he really did find out.

"Have you had any sexual relations in the past two months?"

Oh no this is much worse. No it can't be. Please tell me its not true.

"Don't tell me I'm..?"

He gave me a grim look. "I'm sorry if this wasn't planned, I just needed to clarify." And with that he left the room.

I could feel tears prick my eyes. This couldn't be happening. What am I going to do now? No one knows but me...and its going to stay that way. As soon as I'm able to leave I'll have to go before Erik can get me. Where will I go? Who could I stay with? I couldn't go to Charles. He can't know. What about...oh yeah. That could work. I haven't seen her in years but I could find her. Last time I heard from her she said she was marrying a man and moving in to a place outside of DC. Its my only chance. And I'll do whatever it takes..