S͜͡i͜͡x͜͡t͜͡h͜͡

May's Adventure Pt 4
first person

what the fuk was wrong with me? I had met him the day before but I was freaking out, I heard the door open to the small cafe that Carry set up for us I looked up from my shaking hands and stood up. I flattened my skirt before walking up to him, I felt stupid looking this 'fancy', but Carry told me to look nice.

"hey, you're the girl from the field" he held out his hand for me to shake and I did while nodding, "I'm sorry about my friend Troy if he came across as a douche" he rolled his eyes which made me smile a little. "uhm here, this is what we went there for" he held out a daisy for me to take and my smile grew.

"he force you to go?" he nodded as he put his hands in his pockets. "lets sit down?" we walked back over to the table and sat down.

"I honestly suck at this" he rested his head on his fist while sighing.

"its okay, I do too" he looked at me and nodded.

"so how many heartbreaks led you here?"

"I wouldn't say heartbreaks, I'd say relationships that went completely wrong"

"aren't they the same thing?"

"who said I hurt after?" I raised my eyebrows and he nodded while putting his hands up in defense. "I'm just playing, what about you? how many girls didn't suit your needs?"

It took him a minute to reply as he thought about it, "if I knew the number I would give it to you, its mostly cuz I suck at commitment"

"well its not like we can find our soulmate when were this young right?"

"I mean you never know" he turned toward the counter and pointed at the barista. "see that girl? she could be what? 17? and that guy across from her could be it"

"I mean he is staring at her drooling" the same guy we were talking about shot them a dirty look before wiping the drool, we both instantly looked away laughing.

"I would say that was a close call, but I'm pretty sure we got busted" after we calmed down from our laughing fit we got up and got some coffee, when we sat back down we just decided to get to know each other some more.

"so what made you realise you and Carry weren't gonna go on a second date?" I asked and he sighed.

"while when we first met I was pretty shy since that was my first date in like months, so I didn't really know how to act you know? and by the end of it we both knew we it was really awkward and it wasn't going anywhere"

"damn that sucks, so what makes you think I don't find this awkward?" he shrugged.

"well do you?" and I shook my head smiling.

"nah this is actually kinda fun"

"I don't mean to ruin this or end it short but I have to go to work, I didn't think it would drag on this long. I'm really sorry!"

"no no its fine, heres my number" we both exchanged our numbers before he ran out the door, I really was starting to like him and was hoping it would actually work out. I packed up my things before walking home.