𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖.

Y/N's POV

The 7 of us managed to get out of the hotel, and I was probably the only one that looked normal and fine.

"We escaped... and got a piece of the Gun Devil too! Wow... Sun... this feels nice..."

Denji fell into my arms, and I looked at his messed up state. Thanks for fighting, Denji. You're incredible.

I smiled as I remembered watching him fight, not turning my eyes away even for a second. He really did captivate me of some sort. So much that I forgot about time.

"He fell asleep? Well he did fight for days..." Himeno said, examining Denji as well. "Kobeni and Arai, go report this incident. Y/n, Power, and I will go take Aki and Denji to the hospital."

"A welcome party for rookies?" Aki asked.

"Yeah! Division 4's never gotten together in one place before. So let's relieve some stress by bonding together as a team," Himeno said.

"Is there a problem?"

"Arai and Kobeni want to quit. I guess the Eternity Devil traumatized them. And maybe y/n too..."

"We don't need devil hunters that are gonna be scared," I said. "I hate devil hunters like that."

"Master really influences you, huh... Well I suppose a daughter would listen to her father's every word... But they may also feel bad for having wanted to sacrifice Denji just for their own safety."

"You tried to sacrifice him too..." Aki muttered.

"Kids these days give up so easily! Like, let's live shamelessly, ya know? Apologizing to Denji nice and quick would be easy with drinks... and the same goes for getting Kobeni and Arai to stay." Himeno ignored Aki.

"You just wanna drink," Aki said bluntly.

"Maybe!"

"Found a piece." Aki held up a piece of the Gun Devil's flesh that he found. "But if we're going drinking, then make it some time during this week."

"Why?"

"I want to drink with Makima-san. She's going to Kyoto for a work trip next week. Something about asking for assistance since Denji was targeted by a devil," Aki said, lighting a cigarette thanks to Himeno's lighter.

Then Himeno asked a question I also wondered about. "What do you think Denji is?"

The 3 of us remained quiet before she spoke up again.

"Did that devil know Denji somehow? Because it sure sounded like it. And his form... never seen anything like it. But I really wonder why Makima cares for him so much. Haven't you 2 also noticed? She travels often but she's staying in Tokyo for the most part. Do you think she knows Denji's secret? We can try and get it out of her when she's drunk."

"That's highly unlikely, Himeno," I said. "You're even worse when you're drunk."

"Shush, shush!" Himeno put her arm around my shoulder. Then she quietly said something next to my ear.

"Aki may be quiet about this... but I know you think something's a little off."

"Cheers!! Woohoo!!"

I walk into a mess.

People were already drunk, and I'm referring to Himeno, while others were just soberly crazy and laid back in the moment. Chatter and discussion filled my ears. I honestly didn't like environments like this but I didn't mind it. I could at least tolerate it.