𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕.

Y/N's POV

"So hungry... Let's grab some lunch in this department store," Denji said, so all of us headed inside.

But, we actually waited for the dolls. They approached us only to find Kusakabe crouching inside some sort of ritual circle. He used the power of the Stone Devil to petrify the dolls by blowing through a hole he created with his hands.

"Woah, they turned to stone!" Denji exclaimed, shocked at what just happened.

"Stay back unless you want to end up like them," Kusakabe said.

"The Doll Devil... If they touch even your clothes, you'll turn into a doll too," Yoshida commented.

"How did you know they were coming?" Angel asked.

"You can tell by their footsteps," Tamaoki explained. "Humans have more idiosyncrasies in their gaits. Dolls and humans function differently too, as dolls are limited in mobility and articulation."

"Makima-san did warn us about Germany's Santa Claus..." Kusakabe mumbled, but quickly noticed a doll about to attack him, making him use the power of the Stone Devil once again.

"Creepy..." Denji muttered.

"I'm not sure what contract or contracts Santa Claus has... but strong devils have strong contracts, even if you're let off easy," Aki said. "But there should be a limit to how much dolls he can -"

All of a sudden, a numerous amount of dolls came rushing in, and Kusakabe was unable to do anything about that.

"Run to the second floor!" He yelled. "There's too much!"

As we ran up the second floor, I told the others, "You guys go! I'll take care of this!"

"Y/n!" Denji called my name, worried for my safety.

Without looking back to face the others, I extended out my hand straight in front of me, turning it so my palm was facing upwards. I scrunched my fingers, staring at the dolls.

"Inordinationem."

In the blink of an eye, the body parts of the dolls were misplaced and arranged in a disordered manner, some of their legs being replaced with their arms, some of them losing one leg and having toes for ears or something.

It's like my Powers Devil had just cut off all of their body parts, and glued them to random places of the body in a split second. On dolls, it looked funny and more weird and silly than disturbing.

"Woah!" Denji and Kusakabe said. I turned around and gave them a small smile.

"Oh, and for clarification! Only humans get turned into dolls!" Kusakabe told Denji.

"Wait, so we're immune?!" Denji and Power asked.

"Yes. But, the dolls can only be controlled from close by. Santa must be close," Kusakabe deduced. At that moment, more dolls came pouring into the building.

"Dammit!! Why now?!!" I was so agitated.

"Kon!" Another devil hunter used the Fox Devil and managed to take some out, but when he used it again, the dolls managed to avoid it. Are they capable of learning?

Angel groaned and walked in front of all of us. "Usage: 5 years." Angel summoned a sword and striked down several dolls.

"Why didn't you use that from the start?" Aki asked.

"Look, I have my reasons, alright?"

Dolls' heads being cut off in a flash distracted all of us, interrupting our thoughts and conversations. Many stood confused as to what just happened, myself included.