𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎.

Y/N's POV

"HIMENO!!" Aki yelled as he ran over to her.

"She needs a doctor," Power said, next to the injured woman and trying to stop the bleeding.

"That man had a gun. They're impossible to obtain in this country unless you're a devil hunter or work for the police," I thought aloud.

"We'll get medical treatment for her..." Aki tried to reassure himself with positive words, but the worried look on his face only told you that he had almost no hope in what he said.

"Your Powers Devil... With a horizontal strike of one of your arms, the enemy targeted will suffer from multiple cuts and bleed out, resulting in death. That's how it works, right?" A girl with an oversized hoodie and shorts came into sight, visibly revealing herself. "Impressive."

"Where'd you come from? Are you working with him?" Aki asked her. The girl didn't reply, and instead picked the hybrid back up, surprising Aki and I.

"Why did you lose?"

"I let my guard down. Too much," the hybrid replied.

"Don't do it again. Now kill her," the girl said.

I managed to dodge the hybrid's attack, but then he went for Aki. Before Aki could react, his chest was slashed open.

"AKI!!" I yelled.

"Hey. I said to kill the girl. She's more dangerous here, which makes her a threat," the girl scolded. Was the hybrid following her commands? Does she somehow have more authority than him?

The hybrid attacked me, but I continued dodging and didn't attack back as I concluded he would just heal himself. My speed matched the hybrid's, so we could at least be even on that. But in the corner of my eye, I noticed the girl about to finish Aki. How can I protect myself and Aki and the others at the same time like this?! I don't even have a weapon on me... No, I'm not alone in this. The others have to fight too.

"Save Aki..." Himeno told Power. She was getting incredibly weak but I couldn't do anything. At this point... she won't make it.

"I'm outmatched. His speed far surpasses mine. There'd be nothing I could do," Power said, admitting her defeat.

"POWER, TAKE HIMENO AND GET OUT OF HERE!!"

"Y/N, I'M FIGHTING TOO!!" Himeno yelled at me. "GHOST!"

Ḭ̸̡̫̰̼͎̫͈͉͙̃͗́̾̍͗͒̂͠͝ ̴͚̞̌́́̎̐͂̏͘ḑ̸̡͓͕͙̘̏̊̿͑̚ò̸̡̖̠̹̄̏̐͒͐͑̓͌͌͜n̵̡̨̯̰̫͚̯̬͑̏̌͆͌̃͝'̴͔̯͍̝̙̠̓̔͗t̷͕̬̮̂́͒̇̈́̌͌̇̽̕ ̶̝̱̣͆w̶̡̪͓̻͑̒̋̓̊͌̒̎͆̋a̴̢̤̮̯̪̲͌͊͘̚n̵̨̝̰͖̜͕̣̮̄̀ţ̶̛̛̦̫̙̣̼͉̓̈́̿͒̕͜͝ ̸̢̧̨͔̖̰͚̮̫̽̑͝t̴͔͇̜͇̖̼̩͓͐o̷͙̭͕̒.̸͚̐͊̓̒̏̈́ ̵͎̹͉̏͌̂̌̕͝͝͠͝T̶͓̹̾̐h̸̡̺͉̦̼̮͔͑͋͋͛͜a̸̹͕͓͚̣̝͎̘̳̓̽́t̴̢̧̯̫͇̭̼͙̋̀̈͆̊̎̚͜ ̷̲̼͙͇̻̖̹̯̔̎̈g̸̠̈́i̸̹̲͕̫̯̗̫̰̖̋̈̌͊̉̂̊͒́̈́r̶͔̰̖͎͔̯̩͘ͅl̷̢̙̅̎͐̄̅ͅ.̷̯̟̐͊͝.̴̣̜͈̜̮͇̠̣̭̫̐́̔͠͝.̶̧̳̹͇͗̎̓̇ ̷̫͕̗̯̰͖̐͆͊̐́̕͝i̷̠̭̼̮͎̺̓͛̊̅͛̊͆̋͠s̴̨͇̖͈͉͖͈͌ͅ ̵̨͓̗̲̟̝͖̟͋̆s̶̻̹̙̰̰̪̠̝̟̈́̿̀̈́̌ͅċ̴̖̙̰̣̝̈́̎̎̏̂à̴̢̳̙̠̞̒̒͜r̷̜̱̪̎́͑y̵̢̧͎̙̫̪̆ͅ.̵͔̑̊̆̀̈́́̏̐̌̚ ̶̻̽̿̉̈͜ ̶̭̺͓̤̺͈̲̈́ͅ

(I don't want to. That girl... is scary.)

Himeno started bleeding from her nose and mouth, blood pouring out and staining the floor.

"I'll give you all of me... so let me use all of you... Ghost."

"NO!! HIMENO!!" I shouted. I was getting way too distracted in this fight, trying to keep an eye on the others at the same time, something I would rarely do. The hybrid took advantage of this, and managed to slice my arm a little, pissing me off. "Tch!"