𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖.

Y/N's POV

Yoshida, Kishibe-san, and I finish the remaining dolls. I sighed, as I was getting lazy and wanted to take a long break.

"Makima-san's objective isn't to protect Denji after all. For a security detail, it was too many conspicuous people. And the guys she requested for the team are all third-rate hunters. Including myself," Yoshida explained, the 3 of us sitting on a tentacle belonging to his Octopus Devil.

"If you're third-rate, that makes me fourth-rate," Kishibe-san said.

"Even a first-rate hunter can't beat aging, ha ha. Makima-san and Santa Claus are both making moves for some unknown objective we're currently unaware about. I mean I don't really care as long as I get paid," Yoshida said.

"You're sure she's not listening to this conversation?" Kishibe-san asked.

"Octopus checked for me, don't worry. There's no rats, birds, or anything like that nearby. Makima borrows the hearing of lower forms of life... correct?" I was amazed at how much Yoshida knows.

"Don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong, kid," Kishibe-san said.

"Oh, I don't have the time for that. After all, I've got finals coming up," Yoshida said.

"You're in high school?" I asked, surprised. Who was this boy?

"Uh, are you an idiot?"

3rd Person's POV

The 3 approached Quanxi after her fight with Denji and Santa Claus. She held her sword up, ready to engage in combat at any moment, but instead they tied blindfolds to cover their eyes. Makima walked in, holding a sword. Quanxi dropped her sword and held her hands up in the air.

"We surrender," she said, admitting defeat without hesitation. "Cut off all my limbs if you think I'll run. Just don't kill my women, please. I'll do anything."

"Halloween!" Cosmos cheered.

"A corpse is talking." Makima smiled, then cut off all their heads.

Blood splattered onto the faces of the 3 blindfolded. Yoshida and y/n take off their blindfolds, only to find Kishibe with his blindfold still on.

"Aren't you gonna take it off?" Yoshida asked. Y/n wondered the same thing.

"I don't wish to see a thing," Kishibe answered.

Y/N's POV

I sighed as I once again looked out the big glass window of my apartment. The view was beautiful as it raining. So, I stepped outside onto the balcony and held my hand out to feel the drops.

They went to hell.

Aki, Angel, Quanxi, Power, and the others. I'm glad I got out of there when I could... It was all thanks to my Seraphim Devil alerting me in time. But Aki only has one arm and Angel has none, plus we lost the Shark and Violence Fiends, and Kobeni resigned.

This life is kinda tiring...

I do the same things every day, the only things keeping me going are the people I love, the stars, the rain, and sunsets. But deep down inside of me, I feel this depressing feeling that I'm scared will only grow bigger.