𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗.

Y/N's POV

I grew up in a strict Catholic family. My parents always made me study theology more than any other subject. I spent most of my time reading Catechisms, the Bible, and whatnot.

My day to day life was different from the average kid, studying constantly and setting aside at least a whole hour a day for prayer time. I also had to learn Latin prayers at a young age, eventually leading to me understanding Latin to the point where I was fluent in the ancient language.

I guess my parents were kind, but maybe not too kind at the same time. I didn't know what it was like to have a real, normal family. Growing up this way made me think this was ordinary amongst kids my age. But, I was wrong.

As an only child, all the pressure was put on me. My Mom desired for me to be a sister or nun when I grew older, pushing aside the thought of wanting to have grandkids. Lies and facts that weren't entirely true were drilled into my head by my father, too.

An average day for me started off with a morning prayer said by me and my parents, then breakfast, studying, studying, and more studying, lunch, confession if it was the end of the week, reading, praying, daily rosary, dinner, more reading, and then I would go to bed.

Going to school was tough. I would go there to mainly escape my parents, just to find myself being the odd one out, other students at school looking at me weirdly. I earned a lot of looks that made me feel insecure, and it didn't help that I was highly intelligent for my age, jealousy from my classmates growing larger each passing day.

As I grew older, I learned more things, and started to have my own opinion. Not receiving a lot of affection and love all my life, I grew kind of numb to feelings. I realized my parents wanted me to be perfect, but that is unachievable.

"Listen closely, y/n. These are the 9 Choirs of Angels. From highest to lowest, there's Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels, and Angels. Now tell me what the duty of the choir of Thrones is."

"They represent the steadfastness of the love of God," I answered, sounding like a robot.

"Good. Powers?"

"They are warrior angels tasked to fight against the demonic choirs."

"And Seraphim?"

"They are the burning ones that sing, 'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of Hosts.'"

"Good," my father said, patting my head with his hand. "You're off to school now. Study hard."

"She's weird."

"Yeah, she's quiet and doesn't speak much."

The quiet kid. Was that who I was in school? Who was I to know how to socialize? I never had friends. Studying was my only priority at school, according to my parents.

Feeling insecure about myself because of the whispers of my classmates reaching my ears, I took off the blessed cross keychain I had on my backpack, and threw it away into the trash.

On my way home that day, I decided to take a shortcut as it was raining. Even though I had an umbrella, my shoes were soaked, so I wanted to take them off as soon as I could. The shortcut was through a dark alleyway, and made me pass by an abandoned warehouse.

L̷̨̝̬̥̰̽i̵̛͈͍͎͔̻̺͜t̷̩̿̆͊͠ţ̸̠̄̈́̈́̍̃̒͘̚ͅl̷̨̪̤͎̰̗͍̔̓́̍́̆e̶̺̪̩̘̞̱̙̬̯͆͒̎̈̕ ̴̝̝̺̖̟̅͌̀́̍͋̓̐g̸̪̟̥͐̂̄̆͗̂̇͝i̴̞͔͉͓̗̻̖̜̽̌͛̂́̚͜r̴͈̘͓̈́̑̈̏̉̚͜͝͠l̵̜̥͓̫̟̓̎̌̐̕͘.̴̛̝̿̓̿̔̔͋͝ ̴̠̳̫̭̣̟̙͇͉̌͗̒͐̇́͑̾̉̑͜Ċ̷̤̻̠̼̔̑͠ḁ̵̢͚̣̟̟̦̻̪͇͂̈͋͝n̷̨̲̤͈̟̥̟̮̈́̊̓̕͜ ̷̨̛̼̠͚͉̺̫͔͕͔̀͠y̵̕͜ỏ̵̧̡̻̲̮̲̭̫̖͎̈́̃̒́ũ̸̆͋̌ͅ ̵̳̆͌̐̑̕h̷̡̠̭̆̊̌̈́͝ȩ̴̼͙̠̘̪̺̠̒̐̏̓͘ͅa̸͎̝͖̪͗r̴̨̡̬̘̰̱͔͙̲̿̏ͅ ̸̲̠̏̕m̷̤̻͔̙̪̈́̆̾͠e̷̻͖̻̼̘͗͆̎̀̒̽͗͐̊?̶͇̞̲͚̻̳̯̤͗́̆̍̆̉̎̃