𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎.

Y/N's POV

Kishibe-san and I sat at a table in a restaurant because he wanted to talk.

"Aki said he wants to withdraw Division 4 from the upcoming expedition to eradicate the Gun Devil."

I stopped. I was just about to put food into my mouth with chopsticks, but stopped. My whole body seemed to tense up.

"Why?"

"He said he 'got cold feet.' We talked not too long ago earlier today."

"And you let him withdraw Kishibe-san?"

"Yes."

I put my food back on my plate, placing my chopsticks down.

"Why did you tell me this? Is this all you wanted to talk about with me here?" I asked.

"I told you this because I know you care about him. And I also wanted to say Quanxi was impressed with your capability and fighting skills for only being human."

I stayed quiet for a bit. "I highly respect her. But if Aki wants to stay out of this expedition... then thank you for allowing him to. I don't want him getting killed by the Gun Devil."

Kishibe-san reached his hand out and patted my head, letting out a prolonged sigh.

I took out my phone to call Makima as I walked to where Aki was at.

"Yes, y/n?" Makima said across the phone.

"I heard Aki wants Division 4 to withdraw from the Gun Devil extermination."

"Yes. Captain Kishibe gave him permission."

"I'm part of Division 4. But I don't want to back out on this expedition," I said.

"So are you still going to participate in it?"

I stayed silent for a few seconds. It seems Aki has given up, but I still want to do my best to kill the Gun Devil to avenge his family, which was my family, too. His mom was my dad's sister.

"Yes."

"Alright then."

I walked with Aki back to his apartment because I wanted to spend some time with him.

"I'm home..." he said, opening the door.

"We cooked something for you!" Denji said.

"And y/n's here so she can have some too! I helped make it!"

They placed the food down in front of us.

"What... is this?" Aki asked.

"That stir fry thing with bean sprouts, sausage, egg, and soy sauce," Denji replied.

"What's this purple thing?" Aki held up a purple piece of food with his chopsticks.

"Dunno!"

"We worked our butts off making it for you!" Power exclaimed, her hands on her hips.

I picked up my chopsticks with my hands, placing some of the food in my mouth. Aki looked at my reaction as I swallowed it, but I displayed no emotion.

"Is it good?" Denji asked.

"I can't taste anything."

"Wuh - But we put soy sauce and -"

"No, you 2. As per contract with one of my devils, I don't have my sense of taste anymore," I said.

"Dammit... Then I'll have to try it..." Aki sighed. He took a bite and threw up. Was it that bad?