𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑.

Y/N's POV

I entered Aki's apartment quietly as I had something to give him, but found him, Denji, and Power knocked out around a table covered in food and drinks surrounding them. Then suddenly Denji woke up and gasped for air.

"You OK, Denji?" I asked, but kind of ended up startling him even more.

"Y/n! What are you doing here?!" He said.

"I came here to give you this..." I said, holding up a box that contained cream puffs.

"You're so loud!" Power rubbed her eyes as she woke up. Then I noticed it. What's up with her horns?

"Am I... still dreaming?" Denji said to himself.

"Shut up!" Power punched Denji and the force was so strong that Denji's body slammed into the ceiling, waking up Aki.

"What's going on?" Aki said.

"Woah... When'd I get so strong?!" Power held up her fist, admiring it.

Denji weakly crawled to me, clutching his stomach, and hid behind me. "Protect me... y/n..."

I opened up the box I was carrying and gave him a cream puff, to which he happily munched on.

"He sure loves ice cream..." I said, watching the Angel Devil eat his third cone with Aki.

"OK, you've had enough," Aki said to the Angel Devil. "We need to get back onto our patrol now."

"Eating ice cream made me tired... I didn't know eating required so much energy... I'm done with work for today," he groaned.

"We now know the Gun Devil's location. Therefore, there'll be an expedition," Aki explained. "If I wanna join, I need more big devil kills on my record. So, I have to look harder for devils. You're my buddy so work with me here."

"Whaaaa ~ I dunnooo ~ I'll think about it more once I eat another ice cream," the Angel Devil said. As Aki continued scolding and lecturing the him, my phone rang.

"Hello?"

After the phone call ended, I turned to Aki. "Sorry, but you'll be with him by yourself for a bit. I gotta go somewhere."

"Who was that?" Aki asked.

"Someone..." I answered slowly.

Aki sighed. "I can't even pretend to get along with him."

"Ugh... Thank you for the awesome coaching..."

I held out my hand for Koyanagi to take. "Sorry, if I went too hard..." I said.

"You went WAY too hard... But that's OK... I'm blessed to be coached by someone close to Captain Kishibe..." Koyanagi attempted to bow, but couldn't do it properly due to his body aching from the pain. I put his arm around my shoulder and walked over to where Aki and the others were.

"Good match," Aki said. His opponent had a bloody nose but could still walk, unlike mine who was struggling with simple balance. Aki looked over at me and I gave him a look that said I'll see him later. He nodded in return.

"You didn't tell him you'll be dead in 5 years?" Angel suddenly asked Aki.

"What?" I said, surprised by what he suddenly said.

"Who told you that..." Aki sighed.

"Power," Angel replied.

"Damn devil..." Aki muttered. "But she's right."

I didn't know what to say so I kept quiet. I'd be dying soon too. I had given most of my lifespan as per a contract with a certain devil, even though I was let off easy.

"You're lucky. I wanna die soon..." Angel said.

"Y/N!! AKI!!" Nomo yelled, coming from around the corner. "We need you downstairs NOW!!"

"We found him at the front door, mumbling about being with the Special Division. Do you know this fiend?"

"Yes!" Aki answered with shock. The Shark Fiend was holding a very injured Denji in his arms.

I bent down to talk to him. "What happened to Denji? Did another devil target him?"

"Bomb coming...! Bomb... Gun Devil... ally!" The Shark Fiend spat.

"And how do you know that?" I asked him. He kept making noises, but not full words. "Answer the question, fiend."

"I can't! I promise Makima-san!"

"Makima?" What does she have to do with this all?

"Ah! She here! She here! Bomb is here!!"

I looked up and saw a feminine silhouette in the distance. I sense major danger.

"Excuse me ma'am! I'm afraid you can't come any closer!! This place is Devil Extermination Division 2's Training Facility, off limits for civilians!" Nomo yelled.

"Hellooo?!" I heard the girl shout.

"Reze..." Denji mumbled.

"Reze?"

"Please help me!! There's a devil coming after me!!" The girl shouted. Though it sounded sarcastic. A very see-through act.

"Oh really..." Nomo said. "That's a big smile for someone being attacked."

"Nomo -" Aki started.

"I know," Nomo cut him off. "But have you seen that pretty chick before?"

"Really?" I deadpanned.

"No, no, I'm serious! Nah, it couldn't be... Could it?" Nomo said. 2 men arrived quickly and I knew things would get messy soon.

"Kato. Tanabe. Dinner and drinks are on me if you can kill her. She's not human, so give her the full devil treatment. You hear me?"

"Sorry, sir," Aki said to Nomo, carrying Denji over his shoulder. "We'll leave this to you."

"You owe me somethin'," Nomo said.

Aki and I left the scene, but we didn't know the situation would be getting even worse.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 🍦

Clarification: Koyanagi is an original character I just made up.