v - everyone

aviva had to block both of her parents' phone numbers. they had been calling and texting her non-stop trying to get her to stay in pennsylvania. they weren't playing nice anymore. they weren't pretending to have changed anymore.

this was their true colors.

aviva wanted nothing more than to go home. she barely got any sleep on saturday night, due to her mind being full of thoughts about her parents, corpse, and her future with her family. but she didn't care, as long as she was on a plane to get away from her parents as soon as possible, which fortunately was the case since her flight was at 9am.

"please come back to visit soon," patrick said, aviva and vera about to leave for the airport.

"i'll try my best kiddo," she said, hugging him.

she then hugged karina. "i had a lot of fun with you. i'm gonna miss you so much," karina said.

"oh sweetheart, don't worry. i promise i'll come to see you again soon," said aviva.

"sooner than this time?" karina asked.

"of course," aviva reassured her. aviva and vera then left for the airport.

"i really hope mom and dad don't pull anything," aviva said, possible scenarios running through her head.

"well, they don't have many options. airports have so much security, and they're crowded. they won't be able to hurt you, and they won't be able to do anything verbally abusive without being humiliated," vera said.

"i know, but i wouldn't put any of it past them." aviva took a deep breath. "i just need to get through all the security and onto the plane as quick as possible."

"you'll be fine, v."

soon they arrived at the airport. the sisters were getting ready to say goodbye, when aviva spotted 2 people coming towards them. "fuck."

"aviva ruby barlowe, if you know what's good for you you will not leave this state," leanna said as she approached them.

"why are you guys here?" aviva said hopelessly. although she was worried about what they would do, she was still in denial.

"because you are not going to be the first person in this family to not be a doctor. playing video games is not a career," andrew said.

"oh really? then how come it pays my bills?" aviva said.

"LUCK. pure luck," leanna said angrily.

"listen, you guys have got to get out of this mindset that being a doctor is the only job that matters. its important, but without people like entertainers the world would be so much worse," vera said.

"entertainers don't save lives," leanna argued.

"that's where you're wrong," aviva said, leanna looking even more outraged. "do you know how many messages i've gotten from fans of mine who've said that watching my streams has helped them through shit? do you know how many streamers i know who get messages all the time saying that they saved their life with their content? it might not seem like we have any impact, but we do."

"but the family legacy-"

"mom." aviva looked into her mother's eyes. "i do not want to be a doctor. i'm an adult. i'm allowed to choose what i want to do with my life."

leanna didn't say anything for about 10 seconds. "you may have won this time aviva, but you won't next time."

"if there is a next time," aviva said. with that, her parents turned around and left.

aviva's flight home went fine. she even managed to get a little sleep, since she hadn't slept at all the night before. she didn't waste any time getting off the plane, getting her luggage, and finding where to get picked up. she needed to be with corpse as soon as humanly possible.

aviva stood amongst other people waiting to be picked up. she watched as people reunited with their friends and family. every time a car appeared that looked remotely similar to corpse's, her heart skipped a beat.

it had only been a week. she needed to calm down.

but she simply couldn't.

soon she spotted corpse's car, glancing at the window to make sure it was really him. sure enough it was, and she immediately walked over to him. he got out of the car just quick enough to bring her into his arms.

"i missed you so much," aviva said into corpse's chest.

"i missed you too." aviva savored the moment as much as she could, because they could only stay there for a few seconds so they wouldn't hold anything up.

"i never wanna go back there again," aviva said as they drove home. "if the kids wanna see me they're gonna have to come here. i can't do that again."

corpse held aviva's hand. "you don't need to do anything you don't wanna do," he said reassuringly. "i'm sorry i pushed you to go there. i don't really have much experience in dealing with family like that."

"it's not your fault," aviva said. she said nothing for about 15 seconds. "i don't know, maybe they're right."

"about what?" corpse asked.

"being a streamer. maybe i should do more with myself. maybe it isn't a real job. basically every other creator i know does something else other than streaming and making videos, but i don't do anything."

"don't say that. don't even think that," corpse said, glancing at her for a second before looking back at the road. "i mean, if you actually think that then i'm not gonna stop you and you should be able to make your own decisions and everything," corpse added, "but if it's just because of what they said and how they acted, don't let them control you like that. plus, you're a dancer as well. you've gotten a lot of offers lately too."

"being there just made me doubt everything. i feel like i don't know who i am anymore," aviva said. "it honestly helped me understand a lot of the shit you're always talking about. i usually get where you're coming from, but actually experiencing it was a whole other thing."

"well hey, that's sort of a bright side to it," corpse said. aviva smiled.

the couple basically spent the whole day in each others arms, laughing, kissing, crying. one of the few flaws in their relationship was how much they needed and relied on each other and they couldn't bear to be apart, but that just made whenever they reunited even better.

corpse and aviva were laying in their bed together when corpse made a decision. "i'm ready to tell everyone about us."

"like, everyone  everyone?" aviva looked at him.

"everyone," corpse said.

"are you sure?" aviva asked. the last thing she wanted was for him to feel forced into anything.

"yeah." corpse smiled. aviva smiled back at him.

they continued to lay there for a little longer before sitting down and filming the video. aviva uploaded it immediately—no editing. they agreed they wanted it to be as raw as possible.

aviva ✔️ @avivalowe  •  1h
sorry it took so long.
youtube.com/watch?v=lsHl2uL5k
5k replies | 7.5k retweets | 39k likes

the response was overwhelmingly positive.

corpselowee: knew it!! so happy for u guys <3
user22: omfg y'all are too cute
barlowebb: we called it didn't we avivatwt and corpsetwt??
fiveishot: congrats u guys!!
user04: literal soulmates

but, it's the internet, so of course there were negative responses as well.

user13: ugh i liked y'all better when you weren't dating
user8: 🤮 🤮
miratotheliraa6: bruh corpse deserves way better than aviva, he's way out of her league 🙄

the two didn't read the comments though. it didn't matter to them.

they had each other, and that was all they needed.