xii - bittersweet

tw - abuse, violence, death

lindsey walked to the door to the room blake and mira were in and locked it.

thankfully mira had left her key out on the table.

"the fuck?" corpse said quietly.

lindsey then walked to the main door to the warehouse and unlocked it, letting aviva inside.

mira banged on the door. "HEY! WHAT THE FUCK?"

aviva ran into the room corpse was in. they both saw each other at the same time.

"viva?" corpse said, remaining quiet.

"corpse," aviva said, relieved. she ran to him and threw her arms around him.

"you shouldn't be here," corpse said. she ignored him, kissing him quickly and beginning to cut him loose. "he's right in that room."

"i know, it's fine." she finished cutting the ropes, and he immediately got up and hugged her. "i'm just glad you're okay."

"me too," corpse said, squeezing her tighter.

not even a second later, a sound came from the room mira and blake were in.

a familiar sound.

the two came out of their hug and aviva froze as she remembered what the sound was.

click.

click.

click.

the door flew open and blake and mira ran towards them. blake immediately went for aviva, and mira went for lindsey. blake's hands went around aviva's neck for a split second before corpse pushed him away. blake then went for corpse.

"DON'T YOU DARE PUT YOUR HANDS ON HIM!"  mira shouted, leaving lindsey to stop blake.

suddenly mira and blake were fighting.

they then realized what they were doing.

blake tried to go for aviva again, this time both aviva and corpse fighting back.

suddenly there was a loud bang.

a gunshot.

lindsey fell to the floor.

"NO!" aviva ran to lindsey.

mira pointed her gun at aviva.

corpse jumped in front of her.

blake tackled mira.

he managed to get the gun out of her hand.

another gunshot.

blake stood up, leaving mira dead on the floor.

"i'm ending this, once and for all."

blake pointed the gun at corpse.

"not only will aviva finally be mine, but she'll finally understand what's good for her."

corpse looked at blake in utter fear. there was nothing he could do.

he saw only blake. his vision was foggy.

"everything's exactly how i want it to be."

blake began to pull the trigger.

aviva hit him over the head with a baseball bat she had picked up off one of the tables.

the first heavy object she had seen on the table.

he fell to the floor onto mira's body.

corpse's jaw dropped as aviva dropped the baseball bat onto the floor.

this time corpse ran to aviva.

the two sobbed in each other's arms.

they were together, and they were safe.

but they had also just watched two people die.

one of them a close friend of theirs.

they didn't stream or really go on social media at all for awhile.

they didn't sleep much either.

aviva's mind kept trying to tell her that in some sick, twisted way lindsey sort of got what she deserved. she was largely at fault for what happened.

but she was also the reason the two made it out alive.

without her, they would have horrible fates ahead of them.

sure, lindsey also got them into the mess. but mira would have found a way to get what she wanted with or without lindsey.

if anything they were lucky she was the one working with mira.

corpse and aviva wanted to be happy so badly. they were completely safe, there was nobody actively trying to ruin their relationship, and blake was back in jail and would be for a very long time.

but they weren't.

they didn't need any more trauma, but the world decided they should get it anyway.

they had each other, but they were still scarred.

this would change things for awhile.