ix - a turn of events

suddenly aviva heard footsteps coming towards the room. the door opened and corpse entered slowly, looking to see if aviva was awake or not.

"you're awake...are you okay?" corpse walked towards the bed.

"have you checked your phone?" aviva stared at the wall with a blank expression on her face.

"no? i accidentally left it in the living room when i went to go work on stuff, did something happen?" corpse sat down on the bed, starting to get very worried. aviva looked at him, keeping her blank expression, and handed him her phone.

she watched as his face changed.

he looked up at her, then back to the phone, then back up at her.

silence.

then suddenly it hit her.

she practically collapsed into corpse's arms, beginning to sob. he tried to say something, but he was also getting choked up.

"we're gonna figure this out viva, alright?" he paused, trying to gather himself. "i won't let him do anything to you."

after awhile aviva finally spoke. "what are we going to do?"

"we're gonna figure out how the hell this happened, and figure out how the hell to fix it."

aviva cancelled her stream, and stayed in her and corpse's bedroom almost the entire day. both of them spent a lot of the day sending emails and messages, and focusing more specifically on the "figure out how the hell this happened" portion.

although aviva felt safe in their house, especially with corpse around, she was still having anxiety attacks and breakdowns left and right.

when the two moved in together they moved fairly far away from aviva and blake's old house, but it was still basically in the same area in san diego. this could make it easier for him to find them. she had a restraining order against him, but he would do anything to get what he wanted.

at one point aviva was laying in bed almost completely zoned out, when corpse knocked on the door. he did it very quietly to try not to startle her, but she still jumped slightly.

"come in," she said softly. corpse opened the door, and she saw he was holding a glass of water for her. he handed it to her and sat down next to her.

"basically what they're telling me is someone paid his bail," corpse said, aviva's expression changing as she took a sip of her water.

"but his bail was far too high for any normal person to pay, let alone be willing to pay," aviva said, completely confused.

"i know. i told them that, and they said they'd try to give us more information. i honestly don't believe them though," corpse said, sighing.

aviva took another sip of water. "my nightmares were bad enough on their own, but now they're coming true? i still feel like it can't possibly be real."

"well, really only one of them did. and no matter how much i wanna say none of it's real, i'm not gonna lie to you," corpse said.

"i need to get out of this fucking bed and make myself look presentable but i don't have a single bit of motivation," aviva said, resting her head on corpse's shoulder.

"oh, is lindsey still coming over?" corpse asked.

"yeah. she should be here in like an hour," aviva responded.

"i'm sure she doesn't care how you look," corpse said. "and besides, you always look beautiful."

"oh shut up." aviva laughed for the first time all day.

a few minutes before lindsey arrived aviva got out of bed and brushed her hair, staying in sweatpants and a random hoodie. lindsey was originally coming over just to hang out, but then they decided she would come over to try and distract her from everything.

corpse was working on something when he looked out of his window and noticed a car pulling up. he had never seen the car before, so he went to check on aviva.

he went into the living room and found that neither aviva nor lindsey were still in there. "viva?" he called out, peaking into different rooms.

she wasn't in any of them.

"viva?" he began to panic. he checked all the rooms again, calling out both aviva and lindsey's names into each. he even started saying "aviva" rather than "viva".

he went back to the living room and paced for a few seconds before taking out his phone to check aviva's location.

it said she was still in the house.

he called her, and immediately heard the phone go off. he looked down and saw aviva's phone laying on the floor.

"no...no no no no no..." corpse panicked even more, a million thoughts going through his mind at once.

all of a sudden he heard giggling.

it came from behind him, so he turned around. nothing.

"wow, what a turn of events!"

then he was out.