x - dead

tw - violence, mention of abuse/suicide/death

"remind me again why you're keeping me alive?"

lindsey didn't answer.

"well, whatever the reason is, it won't matter soon anyway," aviva said, trying to adjust her position. it was quite difficult, seeing as she was tied to the chair she was in.

"and why's that?" lindsey finally responded. aviva had been trying to get something out of her for awhile. aviva scoffed. "if you think it's because corpse is coming to rescue you then you'd be terribly mistaken."

"and why's that?" aviva mocked lindsey.

if one of her closest friends had just kidnapped her, she might as well have fun with it.

"because he's dead, dipshit," lindsey snapped at her. aviva tried not to react, but what lindsey had just said was aviva's worst fear.

"that's not true," aviva told both herself and lindsey.

"you'd better believe it is. mira's got both of you ri-" lindsey gasped and put a hand over her mouth.

"mira?" aviva's expression changed.

"n-no..i uhm, i-i didn't say that...i said-"

"mira," aviva repeated.

lindsey had slipped up.

"what's mira got to do with this, huh?" aviva gained more confidence.

"is she the one who made you do this? huh? h-" lindsey slapped aviva across the face.

aviva felt many emotions in that moment.

she hadn't experienced that kind of violence since...y'know.

especially not from her first friend in san diego.

"do you remember my first day?" aviva said after about 10 seconds passed.

"my first day in that old apartment complex. the day i moved in."

"the day we met."

"you were so nice to me...you had a headache and all the noise of me moving in was keeping you from getting sleep, but you still took the time to come greet me."

"you even invited me to dinner."

lindsey's face began to change as the memories came back to her.

"and after my first few months at the complex when my twitch channel was starting to grow, you found out i was a streamer. i had kept it from you the whole time."

"you weren't mad. you were so excited for me, you even offered to help me out."

"after awhile i started uploading videos to youtube, and you edited them. you even helped me learn to edit."

"what happened, linds? what did i do wrong?"

aviva looked at lindsey, and she looked back at her.

"i've known mira for a long time. she's my step sister," lindsey explained. she was hesitant at first. "i guess it doesn't matter now if i tell you..."

"tell me what?" aviva said, wanting desperately to know what was going on.

"mira and i have been working for awhile to find someone who'd be a good enough partner for her." aviva was completely confused. "once we found out about corpse, we knew he was perfect."

"but, there was one itty bitty problem..."

"you."

"we'd seen how deeply in love with you he was, so we knew we'd have to get rid of you."

"then why am i not dead?" aviva asked, slowly starting to piece things together.

"as mira looked more and more into your relationship and played in more lobbies with both of you, she grew and even larger hatred for you. she decided she wanted to find a worse fate for you."

"and that is?"

"it's your fate, you should know soon enough."

that's when she realized.

blake.

everything began to click.

the nasty comments. the actions towards corpse. her abuser miraculously getting out of jail. her kidnapping today.

it all made sense.

except for one thing.

"if mira wants corpse, why is he dead?"

--

corpse opened his eyes slowly, everything a little blurry.

he immediately saw a figure standing before him.

the figure advanced towards him, and as his vision became clearer he realized who it was.

"how're ya feelin' corpsey?" mira asked, cupping his cheek for a second.

"mira? what the fuck is going on?" corpse asked, feeling a million emotions and thinking a million thoughts. "where am i? what did you do?"

"don't be so dramatic." mira smiled.

a disgusting, horrifying smile.

"you knocked me out, you...did you take aviva?" corpse asked frantically.

"oh, you won't need to worry about her anymore." mira chuckled.

"what is that supposed to mean?" corpse asked, trying to piece together what he could.

"precisely what you'd think it means." corpse gave her a confused look. "she's dead."

"she's not," corpse said immediately. "she's not."

"oh she is, she definitely is." mira smirked. "you'll have to get used to it. you're all mine now."

"if she's really d-dead then i'm not yours. i'd kill myself before i'd live without her," corpse said without hesitation.

"you're so funny corpse," mira said. "you'll learn to love me."

suddenly there was a muffled bang, as though someone had punched the wall in the room next to them. mira rolled her eyes and left the room. corpse heard a muffled conversation through the wall, trying to make out what they were saying.

he heard a few words, but not nearly enough to figure anything out.

a minute or so later, mira opened the door and came back into the room. just before she could close the door again, the person she was talking to yelled out. "i'm done fucking waiting!"

mira froze, her eyes widening. she shut the door slowly.

"anywa-"

"that voice..." 

confusion.

realization.

...then anger.

"what is he doing here?" corpse looked at mira furiously. "you...you're  the one who got him out of prison."

"i don't know what you're talking about corpse-"

"where is she?"  corpse asked, sounding angrier and angrier.

"where is who?" mira asked back.

"AVIVA! WHERE IS AVIVA?"  corpse yelled loudly. mira was completely shocked.

"i told you, she's dead!" mira yelled back, not nearly as loud.

"if he's here..."

"she can't possibly be dead."