xiii - reflection

it was around a month after the incident, and the news of mira's death had just been released.

no information, just that she had died.

aviva and corpse hadn't told anyone about what happened.

countless posts were made of people mourning her.

most of them were along the lines of, "mira was such a great friend and such a wonderful addition to the community. she will be missed."

almost all of their friends spoke about it.

this obviously hurt aviva and corpse, but of course they couldn't blame them. they had no idea what had happened.

after a week or so, they started getting messages asking why they weren't saying anything about it. a lot of them were saying they were being disrespectful.

their friends also talked about it a ton. reading their messages made aviva and corpse feel so weird, even though it's what they expected. they would have to tell them what really happened at some point, but they had no idea how to approach it.

"hey, you all know this person you're mourning? yeah, she was actually madly in love with corpse, she got an abuser and now murderer out of jail by getting his bail lowered for her, and kidnapped both of us."

news of lindsey's death was also released, so aviva did decide to post about her.

aviva ✔️ @avivalowe  •  20h
lindsey was my first friend when i moved to california. i had just turned 18 and i had no clue what i was doing or how i would handle things. she helped me so much. she was always there for me, and without her i would absolutely not be where i am today. rip linds. i miss you everyday.
9k replies | 17.4k retweets | 80k likes

a large amount of the response was positive and supportive.

but then there were these people.

@ripmiralira: so what, ur gonna post about her but not mira? so disrespectful.
@user09: you and corpse are horrible people. not even acknowledging the fact that mira died.
@avivaruby_: might have to unstan u aviva. not acknowledging someone's death, especially someone in YOUR community is so fucking rude. show some respect.

even some of her own fans weren't giving her the benefit of the doubt.

"i don't know what the fuck to do." aviva was pacing around the living room, corpse sitting on the couch.

"i don't think it's a good idea to ever tell the whole story on the internet. i mean, we saw how that played out last time," corpse said, panicking almost as much as aviva was.

"i agree, but by the time we do address it the whole fucking internet is gonna hate us."

"well i don't fucking know."

"i'm gonna ask rae if i can talk to her. she'd understand, right?" aviva asked, beginning to type out a message to her.

"i'd hope so," corpse responded.

rae agreed, so they got on a call about 10 minutes later.

aviva told her (basically) everything.

"wow," rae said.

"...yeah."

rae immediately deleted anything she'd posted about mira.

"i'm so sorry. i had no idea."

"don't worry about it. you're one of the first people i'm telling."

"hm." rae didn't really know what to say.