viii - are you okay?

tw - mention of abuse/death

it was a rainy day.

corpse was in his streaming/office sort of room, and had been for the past couple hours. aviva decided to check on him.

"come in," he said a few seconds after she knocked on the door. she opened it and found corpse sitting near his window, watching the rain fall. she entered the room and sat down next to him.

a couple minutes passed.

"you okay?" aviva asked.

he didn't answer for a few more minutes.

"i don't think i can do this anymore." neither of them took their eyes off the rain. "i feel completely empty.

"the physical pain is excruciating, but i'm used to it. i should be used to the mental shit, but it gets worse and worse by the second. i'm a living, breathing human, but i feel like a zombie. i feel no emotion. i can't deal with it anymore. it's not just me not wanting to deal with it, i don't think i'm capable of doing it anymore."

even more time passed.

aviva finally looked at him. he looked back at her.

she didn't know what to say or do.

she pulled him into her arms. he was tense, but he relaxed almost immediately.

"i'm right here corpse." she had to hope that doing what corpse did for her would work for him. "you're gonna get through this. we're  gonna get through this."

and it did work.

somehow even better than it did for aviva.

that day corpse had managed to forget the one thing that kept him going. all the darkness had consumed him and brought back thoughts he hadn't had in a long time.

a few of them hadn't come up since he and aviva started dating.

but aviva's actions made him snap out of it.

all he needed was to feel something. anything.

and he did.

he felt his pure love for her.

"i don't even wanna try to go to sleep," aviva said. it was the next night, and aviva had had nightmares every night for almost a week.

"usually i would say you should just do what you want, especially considering my  sleep schedule, but you're doing that 10 hour stream tomorrow. you really should try to get some sleep," corpse said. aviva had planned to do an 10 hour stream because she hadn't been streaming much lately due to her nightmares.

"i could just drink a fuck ton of energy drinks," aviva suggested, sitting down at the foot of their bed.

"we both know there aren't enough energy drinks in this house to get you through the whole day, especially with how little sleep you've gotten this past week." aviva looked at corpse. "and no, i won't be going out to buy you more energy drinks."

"oh come on," aviva said, laughing.

"no, you come on. besides, there's no harm in at least trying to sleep. and if you really don't want to, you should probably just cancel the stream," corpse said. aviva sighed.

"i know, it's just these nightmares. they're really fucking with me. i've been having some repeats lately and i'm worried about...certain ones repeating." some of aviva's past nightmares played back in her head.

"do you wanna talk about it more?" corpse asked, sitting down next to her.

"there was this one...about the night you saved me from b. basically everything was the same, except when you came to save me," aviva shuddered. "he killed you."

"i watched it happen. then he did h-horrible things to me all night," aviva said, the nightmare replaying over and over again. corpse pulled aviva into a hug, kissing the top of her head.

"just remember none of it is real viva." corpse rubbed aviva's back, doing anything he could to comfort her. "i'm right here, i'm safe, i'm ok, and we both are. i know it's horrible, but the best you can do is remember it's all in your head." he kissed the top of her head again.

"i love you more than anything or anyone viva. i will always be here for you, i promise." corpse pulled out of the hug slightly so he could kiss aviva.

"i love you too."

aviva woke up to a very dark room. she checked her phone and saw it was 4am. she also saw tons and tons of texts from her friends. they were all along the lines of "do you know about this?", "what happened?", and "are you okay?". she opened a few of the messages and saw they all had a link to an article.

a creator's worst nightmare.

she started panicking.

she opened twitter and found she had thousands of dms along the same lines as the text messages. instagram was the same.

she tapped on the link to the article.

"abuser and attacker of streamers avivalowe and corpse husband blake hale released from jail early"

aviva began breathing extremely heavily and rapidly. she looked next to her and saw that corpse was asleep. she shook him awake.

"corpse, corpse you need to see this." corpse turned around, opening his eyes and-

"blake?"

aviva opened her eyes. she was breathing as hard as she was in her nightmare.

she looked to her left and saw that corpse wasn't there.

picking up her phone, aviva looked at the time.

4am.

under the time there were many notifications. missed calls, voicemails...

and text messages.

"completely normal," aviva reassured herself. she opened the messages app.

"wait have you seen this?"

"is this real?"

"are you safe? are you okay?"

at this point she was hyperventilating.

thousands and thousands of twitter and instagram dms.

"wait is this fake?"

"are you safe?? did you get a restraining order against him?"

"i'm worried about you, please tell us if ur ok or not"

she opened her top dm and saw a link.

she tapped on it.

"blake hale, abuser of twitch streamer avivalowe, released from prison early"