vi - congratulations, idgaf

"god fucking damnit! i knew it!"

"i'm sorry i couldn't get you the info sooner."

"it doesn't even matter. we need a new plan."

"we didn't have a-"

"oh shut up will you?"

--

august 8th; corpse's birthday.

aviva woke up alone. this was normal, considering how fucked corpse's sleep schedule was.

she got out of bed and found corpse sitting at their kitchen island, looking at his phone. he looked at her when he heard her footsteps.

"morning," corpse said, acting like it was any normal day. aviva smiled and walked to him, giving him a hug.

"happy birthday," she said. she pressed her lips to his, sitting down next to him after. "what do you wanna do today?"

"i don't know, i guess just relax? my arms are killing me," corpse said.

"ugh, that sucks. i'm sorry." aviva opened up twitter on her phone. "well hey, i'm already seeing so many birthday posts for you. and #happybirthdaycorpse is trending already."

"i know, it started trending like 2 days ago." corpse laughed. "i don't know what i did to deserve it all."

"well, you're you. you're kind, you're funny, you're caring, you're sweet, and that's not even the tip of the iceburg," aviva said. "you're loving, strong, selfless-"

"ok ok ok, i get it." they both laughed.

after aviva had her breakfast, she put together her instagram and twitter posts for corpse's birthday. she had tons of pictures and videos of them together that no one had ever seen since they just announced they were dating, so this would not be hard for her.

she picked her favorite photos and videos she found in her camera roll to post on instagram, and saved two of her favorites for twitter. she captioned both her tweet and her instagram post simply, "happy birthday my love". she didn't need to say more.

a lot of what she posted had portions of corpse's head and face. she had checked with him a few days earlier to make sure he was ok with that, and he was.

an hour or so after she made the posts, she checked the comments.

@corpse_husband: i fucking love you

@valkyrae: brb gonna go cry at how cute this is!!

@fuslie: so happy for y'all ❤️

@sykkuwu: ❤️ ❤️

she scrolled some more and found that almost every single one of their friends had commented, and it had barely been two hours since she posted it. aviva was so glad she knew all of them.

she then looked through some hashtags in relation to her and corpse on instagram and twitter, and there were so many edits.

she found one to the song "video games" by lana del ray, and most of it was from what aviva had just posted.

"it's you, it's you, it's all for you, everything i do, i tell you all the time; heaven is a place on earth with you--"

her heart swelled. everyone was so wonderful and supportive. this was the most drowned out the hate against her ever was. as expected, aviva got hate all the time. but, on all the stuff with her and corpse at the time, she'd struggled to find any hate comments. it was new for her. it was weird, but welcomed.

corpse and aviva mostly chilled out the whole day as corpse had said earlier, but he did do a short little stream just to check in and talk to his chat.

in the middle of his stream, corpse got a twitter dm from mira.

@miraliraa: happy birthday!!

@corpse_husband: thanks :)

@miraliraa: do u think i could get ur number? sorry if that's weird, just wondering!

corpse didn't really want to, but he told himself that mira was a fine person and he should stop judging her. plus, he really didn't know how to say no to a question like that.

@corpse_husband: oh, sure

corpse finished his stream and went to aviva's streaming room, knowing she was about to start streaming. he knocked on the door.

"come in!" aviva said, corpse then opening the door and entering the room. "you finished streaming?"

"yeah," said corpse, sitting down next to aviva. "god, i hate birthdays. i already have enough attention on me as is, but today? jesus christ, i can't catch a break."

"i feel that. i've honestly always hated birthdays too. like, what's the point? you were born today, congratulations, i don't give a fuck?" they both laughed.

"fucking exactly," corpse said. "although i will still worship the fuck out of you on your birthday."

"oh totally. no matter how stupid i think birthdays are i will absolutely continue celebrating them," aviva said. "happy birthday by the way."

"you already said that."

"i know." they were silent for a few seconds, and then they burst into laughter.

"my fucking god," corpse said, continuing to laugh uncontrollably.

"humor is broken," aviva said through her laughter.

soon aviva started streaming, corpse watching and hanging out with her. as aviva was getting ready to end her stream, corpse got a text from none other than mira.

mira-lira: hey, u live in san diego right? i live pretty close to there, we should hang out in person some time !

maybe i shouldn't have given her my number, corpse thought. he decided not to respond.

mira-lira: we've barely ever talked off stream lmao

corpse was still trying to push out the negative opinions he had about mira before this, but now he had even more. if she texts me more, i'll just put her on do not disturb, corpse thought. then, because of his anxiety, he thought, but what if she tries to confront me about it on stream or something? what if everyone thinks i'm a dick for not responding to her?

"zoned out?" aviva asked. she had just ended her stream.

"oh, uh, yeah," corpse said quickly. he wasn't sure if he should tell aviva about what was happening, because he didn't really know how she'd react.

"did something happen?" aviva asked, turning her chair so she was facing corpse fully.

"well, mira asked me earlier if she could have my number, and i didn't wanna say no so i just gave it to her," corpse explained.

"and?" aviva asked worriedly. she was fully prepared to completely lash out on mira if she made corpse feel uncomfortable again.

"she basically said we should hang out in person," said corpse.

"that's awfully quick. how many times have you played with her? twice? three times?" aviva said, her suspicions of mira growing rapidly.

"yeah, she is quite the forward person," corpse said, laughing slightly.

"i wouldn't worry about it. just ignore her." aviva realized corpse hadn't been looking at her the entire time. "what, did you think i'd be mad?"

"i don't know, maybe a little," corpse said, finally making eye contact with her.

"oh my god love, come here." both of them stood up, aviva pulling corpse into a kiss.

"don't ever think that."