Chapter Seven

Alexandra P.O.V.

The sun was already going down by the time Juliet came outside to check on us. Zack had laid his head on my lap and fallen asleep some time ago. I chuckled and when I heard Juliet giggle, I looked over my shoulder at her. She smiled and put her hand on my shoulder. "Andy wants to talk to you." She said.

I nudged Zack until he woke up and followed Juliet inside. She was trying hard not to smile, even as she sat down net to my uncle, who was also grinning. I raised an eyebrow at them and sat down on the couch across from them. "Okay, what's going on? You're both smiling like idiots and it's starting to creep me out." I said, bluntly. That was another thing I had inherited from my mom, apparently.

"Since you put it like that," Andy said, turning serious for once. "I know this has been a lot to handle but I promised Nick that I would look after you if anything happened. All of us promised him that we would." His voice broke on the last part. "I know your turning seventeen in six months, but until the day you turn eighteen, I'm going to become your legal guardian."

"I see," I said, leaning back with my arms crossed over my chest. Somehow, I knew he was going to say that.

"That's not all," he said, grabbing my attention. "I may be your uncle, Alex, but I do love you as if you were my own child. Yeah, I'm only thirty years old and I have no idea how to raise a teenager, but I plan on legally adopting you."

My eyes widened when I heard that. I honestly didn't know what to say, which was a first. Andy and Juliet must have noticed I was in shock because they waved their hands in front of my face to get my attention. "A-are you serious?"

"Of course." Andy said.

Juliet got up and stood in front of me. "Alex, we know that we can't replace your parents and we don't want you to think that. We just want to make sure that you stay with your family."

Hearing those words triggered something in my memory, something my dad had said when I was little: No matter what happens, whether we're close together or far apart, we all share a special bond with each other that can never be broken. My body moved on it's accord and I threw my arms around Juliet as I sobbed against her shoulder. She put her arms around me and hugged me as Andy smoothed my hair down.

This was the first time I felt as if I was part of a complete family in years.