Chapter Two

Zack P.O.V.

Authors Note: I'm going to try to make the chapters longer and it will be told from Alex and Zack's P.O.V. for each chapter. I just wanted to give everyone that heads-up.

I put my phone down on the coffee table after trying several times to call her but there was still no answer. I figured she was probably out with Layla so I decided to play GTA 5 on my Xbox. Just as the game started to load, the front door opened and my older brother came in. He didn't have his make up on but some of his hair was still sticking straight up on top of his head. When he looked up and saw me sitting on the couch, he looked confused.

"Where's Alex?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. Jeremy must have found it strange that she wasn't here.

"She's probably hanging out with Layla," I said, turning my attention back to the game.

He nodded and was about to say something when we heard the sound of sirens driving by. That's odd, I thought as I stood up and went over to the window. An ambulance and three police cruisers sped by the house, heading in the direction of the school. Jeremy saw this as well and sighed. "There must have been an accident or something nearby."

Not even a few seconds later and his phone started ringing. He took it out of his pocket and from his expression, I could tell it was a number he didn't recognize. After a moments hesitation, he decided to answer it. "Hello? No, it's not. May I ask what this is about?"

I watched his face turn ashen and I stood up. "Who is it?"

Jeremy held up his hand. "He's not in the state right now. I can give him a call and tell him. Thank you for letting me know." With that, he hung up and ran a hand over his face.

"What happened?"

"I was right. There was an accident and we need to get to the hospital. NOW." He said, grabbing his keys off the hook.

I started to panic on the inside. "Was it Jake, Christian or Lonny?"

"Neither of them," He looked scared. No, he was scared. "It was Nick and Alexandra."

It felt as if time just froze. I couldn't hear anything after he said their names and I felt as if I was going to throw up. Jeremy must have noticed because he grabbed my shoulders and shook me, trying to get my attention. After what seemed like eternity, I finally snapped out of it. "Did they say what happened?" I asked, my voice strained.

"No. The doctor wants to tell us in person. As soon as we get to the hospital, I'm calling the others and having them meet us there." He said and basically dragged me out the door. We hurried into the car and as soon as I closed the door, he sped out of there, swerving in and out of traffic.

"You better hope there are no cops around," I said jokingly, trying to lighten the mood.

Jeremy tightened his grip on the steering wheel and put more pressure on the gas. "I don't give a rats ass at this point!"

I was shocked. My brother rarely swore and he never raised his voice like that. I knew he cared about Nick and Alex but this time it must be really bad. I kept my mouth shut for the rest of the ride. He pulled into the parking and both of us bolted out of the car and ran into the emergency room. Jeremy looked around frantically until he found the receptionists desk.

"Excuse me!" He yelled as he skidded to a stop in front of the glass window.

"Can I help you?" She asked, her hands folded on the desk.

"I'm looking for my friend and his daughter. They should have been brought here already." He was breathless but he didn't seem to care. "Their names are Nicholas and Alexandra Biersack."

The nurses eyes widened and she quickly typed something into the computer. "They're both still in surgery. Have a seat in the waiting room and the doctor will be out as soon as he can."

I grabbed my brothers arm and pulled him into the waiting area. We both slumped down into the chairs and he took his phone out. I knew he was talking to one of the guys because his voice was low. He repeated the process five more times and about fifteen minutes later, everyone came through the doors. Christian was first, his normally happy expression was gone and replaced by one of dread. Jake came in next with Juliet and Lonny behind him. The doctor finally came out, still wearing his surgical scrubs. He spotted us and came over as we stood up. "Are you Jeremy Ferguson?" He asked.

"I am," my brother said, his face void of all color. "How are they?"

"The daughter made it through the procedure. We had a couple close calls with her but she's expected to make a full recovery." There was something in his voice that said otherwise.

"What about her father? What happened to Nick?" Jeremy's voice cracked. He must have heard it, too. I looked over my shoulder and I saw that Juliet was trying her best not to cry as Jake and Lonny squeezed her shoulders.

The doctor shook his head, his hand gripping the cap tightly. "I'm sorry. I'm afraid he didn't make it. We did everything we could."

Jeremy put his hand over his face so no one could see him cry. Christian patted his back and Jake hugged Juliet as she sobbed into his shoulder. Lonny was devastated but I knew there was one more person who would take this the hardest. We were told we go see Alex but that we would have to be quiet. All of us nodded and went to her room and sat around her bed. I took one of the chairs next to her and put my hand over hers, hoping that she would wake up soon.

None of us knew how much time had passed until there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it," Juliet said, her eyes red rimmed from crying. She stood up and disappeared behind the curtain and I heard the door open.

"I got your voicemail. Is everything okay?" I heard a male's voice ask.

"It's best if you sit down first," Juliet said and a moment later, her and Andy came around the curtain.

When Andy saw Alex, he swore under his breath and sat down in the chair on the other side of her. He took her other hand in both of his and looked at all of us. "Nick. Is he okay?"

All of our expressions were grim and I saw tears run down Andy's face. "I can't believe my brother's gone," he said, his shoulders shaking as he squeezed Alex's hand. He took a few minutes to regain his composure and looked at Jeremy. "Is it possible for her to stay with you and Zack after she's discharged for a couple weeks? I need to get started on Nick's funeral service as soon as I can."

"Of course. You know I think of her as my little sister." Jeremy said.

"Thanks, Jinxx," Andy stood up and kissed Alex on her forehead. "I'll come by later to see you, kiddo." He whispered something to Juliet and they left soon after.